• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 update adds new modes and removes Denuvo

Helios

https://www.pcgamesn.com/dishonored-death-of-the-outsider/denuvo-removed
Dishonored 2 and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider both got updates this week, and it’s good news. First off, the patch removes Denuvo anti-tamper tech from both games, which anti-DRM advocates will be happy to hear. Second, both games have new modes to play in – although there’s a teensy catch.
Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider are getting two new game modes. The first is Mission+, which allows you to revisit any mission you’ve completed in the campaign and experiment with your full suite of abilities and weapons. Next is Black and White, which reshades the game in a contrasty greyscale, except for the blood – that stuff all stays red. It’s a cool-looking visual novel style that changes Dishonored 2’s tone in a cool way.
Now, the catch: to access these new modes, you’ll need to sign into a Bethesda.net in the games’ main menu – meaning you’ll have to create a Bethesda.net account if you don’t have one.

However, to sweeten the deal, Bethesda is offering an additional bonus for Dishonored 2 players who sign in this way: the Imperial Assassin’s Pack. That gives you a Duelist’s Luck bone charm, a Void Favor bone charm, an antique Serkonan guitar, an in-game book called Goodbye, Karnaca – A Musician’s Farewell, and 500 bonus coins.

Last edited:
Mission+ sounds like a good mode to experiment and maybe even practice for a particular run (like no-kill or speed or something similar).

Armorian

Banned
Oh man, i feel like downloading just to test performence now that Denuvo has gone.

Yeah, it happens that I testeted some areas yeasterday to find out wich vertical sync mode provides best frametimes in D2 (it's adaptive sync from NVCP, scanline sync doesn't work very good) since game own methods (DB or TB vsync) are shit. It will be interesting comparison.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Holding stuff hostage behind an online login, come on, I'd like the game to still be feature complete when Bethesda abandons any kind of support for it :(

I don't care for the color change, it's something just for screenshots to me so it might as well be done in a photo mode or whatever instead, but Mission + should have been there from day 1.

Last edited:
I like the first and the dlc so I never got around to this because people didn't say it wasn't as good as the first. How is it though? I played the demo but the performance was really bad.

Top Bottom