• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Legends hall of fame grows by 9 people in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link.

The 2017 inductees into the Disney Legends hall of fame will be Stan Lee, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Clyde Geronimi, Manuel Gonzales, Wayne Jackson, Gary Marshall, Julie Taymor and Oprah Winfrey. These nine people will be formally inducted by Disney Chairman/CEO Bob Iger in a ceremony scheduled to take place Friday, July 14 during the biennial D23 Expo.

“The Disney Legends Award is the highest honor our company can bestow on an individual, reserved for those few who have truly made an indelible mark on the history of The Walt Disney Company,” said Iger. “It’s a celebration of talent, a recognition of achievement, and an expression of gratitude to the men and women whose work has significantly contributed to Disney’s enduring reputation for creative excellence.”

The Disney Legends Award was established in 2009 at the inaugural D23 Expo, growing to include 276 people with this year's inductees. Each of the Disney Legends are honored with a bronze commemorative plaque that will be on display in the Legends Plaza at Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California. Each inductee also receives a rare Disney Golden Pass, giving them lifetime access to all Disney theme parks.

Give me a cameo if old.

Maddog

giving them lifetime access to all Disney theme parks.

This doesn't seem like something people as successful as these inductees would use/need. Might as well give it to me.

Pyrrhus

Cast in A Wrinkle In Time and voiced the heroine's mother in Princess and the Frog IIRC.

Those are kind of minor things to get inducted into the Hall of Fame, though. I mean, I looked up who they've inducted already and June Foray's not on that list and she's voiced dozens of characters for Disney since the '50s.

Don Rosa isn't included but Stan Lee is...

Another good point.

Don Rosa isn't included but Stan Lee is...

To be fair Carl Barks is the only one of that ilk who is part of the hall of fame. There are a bunch of legends from Disney comics that never get the attention they deserve.

Compared to someone like Carrie Fisher, great gal but she hasn't exactly been a legend under the Disney name.

Princess and the Frog and she's going to be in a new movie from them.

Don't know if they had some hands in her Talk show too, through ABC.

Well Disney do own (or majority own) ABC so...

EDIT: Nah just checked that her talk show wasn't on ABC.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Don Rosa still missing is truly a disgrace.
Nothing against the Skywalkers, but that's not exactly what made disney disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom