• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC5 Demo On XBONEX and XBONES via Vgtech

thelastword

Banned

Statistics

cthdy0h.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UF3ro2aKKwCiJZzi-rXme2jCc/edit#gid=2028495855

Resolutions
XBONEX = 2160 via CB
XBONES = 1080 via CB

According to Vgtech, this game uses checkerboard rendering just like RE7 on consoles to hit these resolutions. From what I'm seeing, framerate does not seem to be as good as RE7 was......Average framerate is an indicator above....

thelastword

Banned
For a game like this wouldn’t a locked FPS option be better? Like a favor performance at cost of resolution/graphics option
A 1080p option on the mid-gen consoles would be a good thing.......

RE7's output on PRO at 1080p was 1260p downsampled, However there was a high rez mode too. DF never realized there was a high resolution mode till Vgtech did an analysis on it tbh......The high rez mode did run at a stable 60fps on PRO though and so did the 1260p mode.....This game seems to be different to that implementation, or perhaps Vgtech can test the PS versions at 1080p (when that releases) to see how they run at that rez independently....It could also be that Capcom has more features and perf upgrades in stow for the final release across consoles.....but knowing capcom, no fingers will be crossed....I must say....DMC5 still looks mighty fine....I especially like the clothing and mechanic arm details on Nero.....Characters generally look much better than the Ninja Theory DMC game....

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Does anyone know if selecting 1440p mode on X makes any difference to frame rate (on any game for that matter)

Stuart360

To be fair, its mostly cut scenes where the framerate drops big, at least on the X anyway which seems to be in the 58-60fps range in most of the gameplay, except when using magic or whatever it is. I'm sure framertae will be better in the final game.

alienator

ive played it on the normal not s xbox one and it something felt off in smoothness all the time., so ps4 pro version for me (dont have an XbX), unless they messed that one up somehow.
To be fair though, the boss fight was cool in the demo but the area leading up to it was just meh, and its certainly not the best looking title out there. The switching of the arms left me confused as hell sometimes.

But will get it anyways, unless the reviews are really bad, or the mt's turn out to be grindy, still not sure why on earth they put those in a singleplayer action game

thelastword

Banned
ive played it on the normal not s xbox one and it something felt off in smoothness all the time., so ps4 pro version for me (dont have an XbX), unless they messed that one up somehow.
To be fair though, the boss fight was cool in the demo but the area leading up to it was just meh, and its certainly not the best looking title out there. The switching of the arms left me confused as hell sometimes.

But will get it anyways, unless the reviews are really bad, or the mt's turn out to be grindy, still not sure why on earth they put those in a singleplayer action game
Well it's a 60fps title and I think the characters, materials and effects look pretty good.....I'd say DMC5 and RE2 look pretty good as 60fps titles, very good indeed.....Capcom just needs to better the framerate here, as it falls even outside of cutscenes a bit too much.....

DonF

It's very different to resi7, R7 is slow, first eprson with a rather small FoV(at least on console). SO I wasn't really expecting the same performance. It still looks quite smooth, a median of 55 fps is acceptable, at least for me.

Last edited:

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Game looks fantastic but poor ol' original Xbox One has clearly had its day. Not running very well there at all.

This looks similar to the demo I played in August so it may also be older. Hopefully it's solid on Pro and X, at least, by launch.

kingbean

To be fair, its mostly cut scenes where the framerate drops big, at least on the X anyway which seems to be in the 58-60fps range in most of the gameplay, except when using magic or whatever it is. I'm sure framertae will be better in the final game.

Quoting because it's a good post.

thelastword

Banned
I think the demo is really old (months old).
That may be so, but it's very rare you get a significant uptick on framerate if it's not running in the 59.xx average range already, certainly not at that rez. Best bet of having locked 60fps is by going the 1080p 60fps route on mid-gen consoles as an option.

Top Bottom