• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who |OT| Talkin' 'bout my Regeneration

Nymphae

Banned
Slacking on the OP guys, but I'll get something up eventually even if it's just a few graphics, and I'll hide the original OP in a spoiler or something.

Enthusiasm was dulled a little after getting through season 11 and the feature Resolution. Is that the first time they didn't do a "Christmas Special", and had a New Year's special instead?

I barely remember it except for the scarf she was all of a sudden wearing, which is a nice throwback but it also feels a little forced.

I dislike how they made the sonic screwdriver ugly as fuck, and also decided to make it do even more things, it seems like 80% of the time she's using it like a tricorder now getting readings off things and looking at a read-out. The writer's thought it was a crutch and threw it out during the Davison era, it's interesting to see them lean heavier and heavier on it as the Nu era goes on.

Nymphae

Banned
So I pre-ordered the Sylvester McCoy 3rd season bluray, supposed to release yesterday.

No shipment, no info, nothing. Check today, price has went from 59.00 preorder price to over $115 now, plus shipping, the preorder was a Prime item but not anymore I guess?

I have been transferred to "special teams" 4 times in chat windows while Ishaq, Viswa Mohan, and now Mushahid all try to tackle my difficult question about whether or not they are shipping this.

Spoiler: They aren't, but will tell me when they do. I suppose this has something to do with all of the backed up shipments, but the information they provide you is pretty vague.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Tonight I will be watching the Sylvester McCoy season 3 bluray I got on Friday 😎
Never seen any of his episodes, looking forward to it. There are a number of duplicates in this collection, separate "special edition" and "VHS reconstructed" discs for 2 episodes, not sure what the differences are. I love these collections though, so many features, they are really well done.

Nymphae

Banned
Working on making a nice OP image, trying something new and it's going to take me a while....but hopefully it'll be worth it!

I burned through the McCoy season 3 episodes on Sunday night, I was barely paying attention though, it wasn't really captivating me.

I like the theme song compared to Colin Baker's, but the intro graphics are too 80's cheese for me and wow that logo.....

It felt weird to see the last episode that aired in the classic era was a cheesy story where The Master is controlling remote controlled cats or some shit and there are cheetah men lol

Also it was bothering me that Ace keeps referring to the Doctor as Professor, there must be some reason for that.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
jodie whitaker's doc, p. good

source.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
Randomly thought about this today, and was kind of shocked how long it'd been since I had done that, or anyone else had mentioned it.

A few years ago, it felt like I couldn't escape Who. Now, it might as well not exist.

YCoCg

The 50th Anniversary was the peak for New Who, brilliant call backs to the past, finally solving most of the modern plots and had great moments from all involved. ...and then the show went a took a massive dump over all of that with the last series.

Pagusas

Elden Member
The 50th Anniversary was the peak for New Who, brilliant call backs to the past, finally solving most of the modern plots and had great moments from all involved. ...and then the show went a took a massive dump over all of that with the last series.

Yup. Best thing that can happen to the show is go into immediate hiatus for 10-15 years. When it comes back, make Jodi's doctor's regen be a mystery just like the 8ths and give us a whole new show. Also somehow make the last 2 seasons a fever dream.

Nymphae

Banned
Randomly thought about this today, and was kind of shocked how long it'd been since I had done that, or anyone else had mentioned it.

A few years ago, it felt like I couldn't escape Who. Now, it might as well not exist.

I'm stoked for the next Tom Baker Bluray collection that comes out here next month, had it preordered for a while. Couldn't care less about the new Who at the moment, it sounds like a trainwreck

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I finally watched season 11 (thank you HBOMax)... I liked it. Wasn't exactly the Tom Baker or the 10th Doctor level... But it was enjoyable to me.

So what do you think of the rumor about the tardis no longer being a police box? I wouldn't doubt its going to turn into a rainbow safespace... it will go real well with the non-binary r2d2c3po Dr. ...

Soodanim

Gold Member
Is the show itself really that bad? My biggest issue with not watching recent seasons is because it is completely random where it will show up in the US. It used to be on Netlfix, then suddenly Hulu, then some weird BBC app that only worked half of the time. So I gave up a few years ago.

I'd really like to watch the new stuff but I honestly have no idea how I can in the US. The BBC or whatever needs to form a solid partnership with some streaming service and just make the shit available.
I live in the UK, and even though I got into Doctor Who through New Who being on Netflix I haven’t seen any of the current Doctor because it’s not on there. Not that I’m entirely fussed, because everything I read is negative and the one scene I watched to find out how they retconned 50 years of show was a bit shit to say the least.

At this point I’m happy with just the previous Doctors, as I’d happily rewatch any of them. Not so clued up on Classic Who, but what I’ve seen of 1/3/4 has been good fun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Pretty torn on this episode, because I really can't stand the newest Doctor. But I love Jack Harkness, he's probably my favorite character in all of Who. Seems like he'll be the lead in this episode while the Doctor is locked away in prison, so maybe it'll be fine.

I'm not even sure what's happening with this show any more, I dropped out about half way through the last woke season.

Top Bottom