• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does this game exist?

DosGamer

I've got $75 dollars in Playstation credit and I must admit it is eating a whole in my pocket. I have been trying to figure out a game to buy and for the first time in a really long time, I am 100% torn as to what to purchase.
More than anything else, I wish there was a 3rd person survival game where you have to build shelter and advance in that way... just not first person. I just dont think that type of game exists... so...

I have been eyeing Street Fighter 6. It looks polished and really well built. I'm not the best at fighting games per say, but I did just get the new AEW wrestling game and I am loving it.

Then there is Diablo 4. I played Diablo 3 religiously and really enjoyed it up until I could go thru the maps by memory. Great game, however, it left me asking if this was it in terms of the gameplay loop. I've read that Diablo 4 fixes a lot of that stuff.

Can't forget about the new Final Fantasy 16 game. A lot of people online are praising the game and it has me asking if that is something that would really grab my attention long term.

So this is where I am. I yearn for adventure, exploring and obtaining items that not everybody else has in games. I like a story that offers me a chance to find hidden things and carve a cool path. It doesn't seem like any of the 3 above would really excel in that, so I am wondering if there is something else out there, that I may have missed?

Any ideas for some games you are enjoying that might be worth a try?

intbal

I yearn for adventure, exploring and obtaining items that not everybody else has in games. I like a story that offers me a chance to find hidden things and carve a cool path.

You might take a look at ELEX.
You'll need ample amounts of tenacity to survive the first 5-10 hours, though.

Guilty_AI

adventure, exploring and obtaining items that not everybody else has in games. I like a story that offers me a chance to find hidden things and carve a cool path
Wait a month and a half and BG3 will give you just that

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning is a really fun game that I got into. Countless adventures, awesome quests and voice acting and third person with a character creator. The only catch is that it basically looks like a PS2 game. It runs in 4K, 60fps though!

Outward also looks like a ton of fun and features more of the survival aspects you're looking for while also being third person.

Top Bottom