• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does True Crime get better?

rs7k

I just started Chapter 3, and it really feels like a poor man's GTA so far. I got the GC version, so that probably doesn't help :p Some bits are cool, like the fighting and the size of the city, but the game lags for the most part - especially the driving. It just doesn't cut it.

Ranger X

rs7k said:
I just started Chapter 3, and it really feels like a poor man's GTA so far. I got the GC version, so that probably doesn't help :p Some bits are cool, like the fighting and the size of the city, but the game lags for the most part - especially the driving. It just doesn't cut it.

True Crime is truly not getting any better my friend. Sorry to tell you that. Seems like nobody succeed yet in the GTA style...

Not really. I'm so glad I rented this last year. They definitely need to ditch what they did with the game and start from scratch before trying to take on the GTA series again.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
True Crimes does not get better.

I actually bought it and was kinda worried about it so I went and rented it on the way home. Wow! Was I ever glad I did that. That game was brutal bad.

It's a decent rental, but the game is pretty average. I would agree with everyone else and say that it doesn't get better.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
It's worth playing up to the level with the zombies and dragons (yes, you read that right) just for the sheer absurdity of it.

hobbitx

This game could have been alot better if they figured out how to make more of the actual story and missions play out in the real city like GTA games do. Sometimes TC just feels like a really bad level based action game with a nice free roaming crime stopping mode.

Seriously, for me, the crime patrol is more fun than the actual game itself. I spent weeks playing around in that city. Soundtrack sucks ass too, what the hell were they thinking? I swear, if the next game doesn't have a real radio system for all music lovers I will personally go down to Luxoflux and Activision and whoop everyone of those guys asses. :mad:

Top Bottom