• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal Modern GPU benchmarks.

Leonidas

I thought it was discontinued?

Still readily available shipped&sold by Amazon and Newegg. We're not talking about 8 year old GPUs which were off shelves 7 years ago.

Anyway, it was basically just a consumer version of the Radeon Instinct MI50, and is much less efficient than Navi for gaming workloads.

It's the fastest AMD gaming GPU out today. Stop the damage controlling.

Last edited:

FireFly

Still readily available shipped&sold by Amazon and Newegg. We're not talking about 8 year old GPUs which were off shelves 7 years ago.
I just searched Newegg and I couldn't see any results. On Amazon.com, there are a handful of cards available in "used and new".

And is the fastest AMD GPU in most games...
My point is that what makes it a "bad" product is due to the fact it was designed as a datacenter GPU, so it is disingenuous to imply that AMD tried and failed to produce a "high end" gaming GPU.

I mean on release it was slower than the 1080 Ti and 2080, so it is not some great shock that it is also slower today. I can't believe anyone would buy it and be shocked that they can't beat these cards in Doom Eternal. Even in the official marketing it was sold as as a "prosumer" card, based on the RAM capacity.

Leonidas

I just searched Newegg and I couldn't see any results. On Amazon.com, there are a handful of cards available in "used and new".

You searched the wrong terms if you didn't see it on the US sites, $599 shipped/sold by Newegg. $549 shipped/sold from Amazon.

My point is that what makes it a "bad" product is due to the fact it was designed as a datacenter GPU, so it is disingenuous to imply that AMD tried and failed to produce a "high end" gaming GPU.

No it's not disingenuous, AMD marketed it also as a gaming GPU and it still outperforms Navi. It's AMD's best GPU out today.

You're damage controlling.

Last edited:

llien

Already throwing Radeon VII under the rug? It's AMD's high end right now, launched just last year, outperforming Navi... just can't keep up with 2017-2018 items from Nvidia.
Uh, for starters:

1) We blame it sucking as gaming card (it's pretty damn strong at compute) on Raja as well as on Zen eating up scarce R&D money
2) That thing stopped being produced... months ago.

VGEsoterica

The 1080 still holds up well. I've been meaning to swap my GPU for awhile but the performance I keep getting from my 1080 keeps me from wanting to drop the cash.

On my Ultrawide and Ultra settings I am seeing just shy of 100 FPS. Good enough for me!

Divus

Been playing this on max settings @ 1080p with my GTX 1070 and getting 125-144fps most of the time. The hub ship is the only place I’ve seen it drop below 100fps.

It’s a great game.

Top Bottom