• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom officially announced for lawnmowers

Draugoth

Gold Member
The technology company Husqvarna has revealed that it will be bringing Doom to Automower, its automatic robot lawnmower. Now you can enjoy wiping out hordes of demons while your lawn is being mowed.

Unlike the many ports of Doom made for all kinds of devices, the version of the game for the Husqvarna Automower is an official partnership with Bethesda and Zenimax.

The game will only be available for the lawnmower for a limited time, and can be played between April 9 and September 9, 2024. To play, you need to register on the company's official website to receive a code.

Last edited:

CamHostage

It feels like the reasons this probably is a bad idea couldn't be much clearer, but hey, Doom's fun, so...

MuDPtm2.jpg

Last edited:

nkarafo

I'm sure every modern device that has any sort of CPU inside it can probably outperform a 486 CPU from the early 90's, which is what DOOM needs to run smoothly enough.

It's not that interesting anymore.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yo I won’t lie. This is exactly the type of absurd and stupid shit that would get me to buy products. I don’t know what idiot at a lawnmower company pitched “let’s put Doom—you know, that video game with demons—on our lawnmower”, and more importantly what executive was like “now that’s a fucking good idea right there”, but I’m here for it. I absolutely respect this kind of absurdity.

Anyone hating on something this irreverent and goofy is just a wet blanket and not invited to my birthday party.

Cyberpunkd

I don’t know what idiot at a lawnmower company pitched “let’s put Doom—you know, that video game with demons—on our lawnmower”, and more importantly what executive was like “now that’s a fucking good idea right there”, but I’m here for it.
I guess they are really not hurting for business.

Top Bottom