• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Dragon on Zeebo; an exceedingly rare game now emulates...along with other Zeebo titles

VGEsoterica

and if you have NO CLUE what a Zeebo is don't feel bad. Just means you aren't from Brazil (nor am I) but as of yesterday a long dormant Zeebo emulator sprang to life and the first game running is Double Dragon, which is a download only title you basically have to own a Zeebo to even play...and barely anyone can do that!

But one more piece of gaming history preserved and playable for every Double Dragon fan out there

Soodanim

I'm glad you got the most important question out of the way.

DD looks like a fun little game, and I need to look up some others on this odd mish-mash of a system that has a modernised 8bit era style game but also RE4.

Edit: Never mind. Don't worry about RE4, GAF. Unless, of course, you're into something that looks and runs worse than a PS1 demake with blue skinned Ganados.

Last edited:

Holammer

b7e23835-e3f5-439a-b70f-a565023d6a56_text.gif

VGEsoterica

I'm glad you got the most important question out of the way.

DD looks like a fun little game, and I need to look up some others on this odd mish-mash of a system that has a modernised 8bit era style game but also RE4.

Edit: Never mind. Don't worry about RE4, GAF. Unless, of course, you're into something that looks and runs worse than a PS1 demake with blue skinned Ganados.
Haha yeah RE 4 is just there for the preservation of it all

CamHostage

Dang, looks cool

I mean, play Viewtiful Joe first, because clearly this is a ripoff of a game which is truly cool...
After that, though, yeah, check this out, it might be cool too, and it does have some style of its own even as a late-2000s phone game knockoff. (It was a BREW game originally, I believe, then they remade it for Zeebo but then that was it for ports oddly. )

Last edited:

IAmRei

I mean, play Viewtiful Joe first, because clearly this is a ripoff of a game which is truly cool, but then yeah, check this out, it might be cool too. (It was a BREW game originally, I believe, then they remade it for Zeebo but then that was it for ports oddly. )
Yes, im aware with that. But still, I think its cool. I wish there are lot of games like this visual design

SaintALia

and if you have NO CLUE what a Zeebo is don't feel bad. Just means you aren't from Brazil (nor am I) but as of yesterday a long dormant Zeebo emulator sprang to life and the first game running is Double Dragon, which is a download only title you basically have to own a Zeebo to even play...and barely anyone can do that!

But one more piece of gaming history preserved and playable for every Double Dragon fan out there

They shouldn't feel bad, it's a pretty shitty system. It selling for as much as it is on Mercardolivre is a crime in itself(150+ USD).

Still though, where's that guy that said a console's power was the major thing that was stopping it's emulation. Clearly we now have the technological ability now to emulate this BEAST in the year of our lord 2024.

Now gamers everywhere will soon be able to enjoy the superior graphical version of Resident Evil 4. 4Remake got nothing on it.

PfsHdLL.png

I bought a shirt with this on it because of this thread <3

I bought my brother the NES game when I was like 4 with a $100 bill my dad gave me to buy gifts for my brothers and sisters.

Plus I had the Tiger Electronics game the last time I was on a plane... in 1989 lol

Top Bottom