• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Downloading an older version of a game on Steam, step by step Guide!

Hey GAF! Guess what I came across!

A guide that lets one download an older version of a game on Steam! This is relevant because I was hoping there's a way to possibly go back to the launch version of The Evil Within, and with this method, it might be possible! So far, I experimented and attempted to downloaded the launch version depot using this guide for the game...unfortunately when I turned on the game, it seemed to be the same as the direct Steam download. Although I didn't get the desired result yet, which is to play the game with the launch version graphic effects, it's still extremely cool that this is possible at all! I'm learning new things about how Steam operates like activating the Steam console via URL blew my mind away haha. Maybe I'll test this guide out with Sonic Mania as well to roll it back to it's launch version too :] There is hope though! A game that expertly handles having many different versions is Minecraft Java edition...I remember it having a menu which lets you select which version of it you want to experience, you can go as far back as the earliest beta tests for the game iirc

Top Bottom