• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Builders is coming to Steam on February 13

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dope - I personally enjoyed the first game more than the second one. Buy why is this still $30? The bundle with 1+2 is $70!

I have this on the Switch and PS4. Might triple-dip on a -75% discount for $8.

Quasicat

I have 150 hours on the Switch and have built some pretty massive cities in the Terra Nova free build mode. The loading times are pretty long for the Switch at this point. I wonder what this would run like on an SSD?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The second one is already on Steam. Is this one supposed to be better or that different?
In a lot of ways, the second game improved on the formula this game established. Unfortunately, the second game (in my opinion) far overstayed it's welcome and ended up being a 70+ hour narrative. This game is a lot shorter and more focused, which is why I mentioned above that I liked this one more than the second game.

However, it's really mechanically a step backwards - especially in terms of QoL features in the story mode. No leveling up, drop everything on death, no world map, lose everything each time you clear a zone and move to the next one, etc.

John Bilbo

I loved the second one on Switch. It heated my console up so much though I decided to wait for the PC release on the first one. Sweet!

GHG

Looks like it's got a "playable" tag for the deck.

OVbuxZj.jpg

Won't pre-order but provided early reports on performance are good then I'll grab it.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I have 150 hours on the Switch and have built some pretty massive cities in the Terra Nova free build mode. The loading times are pretty long for the Switch at this point. I wonder what this would run like on an SSD?
What about the frame rate? I know DQ builders 2 gets slow at time

Quasicat

What about the frame rate? I know DQ builders 2 gets slow at time
Frame rate was a solid 30 at the beginning of the game. The more you build, the slower it got. At one point, I made a recreation of George Washington’s home at Mount Vernon and anytime you get close to it, the frame rate would tank. Not as bad as DQ Builders 2. That one ran poorly from the very beginning.

jshackles

SenkiDala

An awesome game. Played 100+ hours of this on PS4. Was searching on Steam recently and was surprised that only the 2nd one was available there. Problem solved.

Leonidas

Just saw this today in Steam, surprised to see this after nearly 7 years, and 4+ years after the sequel already hit PC. Good to see it though, hopefully more Japanese developers will bring the rest of the PS4 games that didn't come to PC yet.

Also nice that they didn't get greedy on pricing. This is a $59.99 MSRP title on PS4 (still to this day) but $27.99 on PC (lower than the cheapest PS+ price in the 7 years its been available)

Last edited:
Top Bottom