• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI S Nintendo Treehouse: Live E3 2019 gameplay

Mista

Banned

Nintendo showcased 30 minutes of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition gameplay during the Nintendo Treehouse: Live stream at E3 2019.

The footage features a look at the Definitive Edition‘s added features, extended gameplay of 2D mode in action, and the first deep dive into the ability to visit past Dragon Quest worlds.

RPGCrazied

The only thing that worries me is resolution. Base PS4 was only 900p. Are we looking at a 720p docked game? I'm hoping if they pair down graphic features they can get it up to 900p. No way this does 1080p docked. Still double dipping on this game. I spent over 80 hours on the PS4 version and never did all of the epilogue stuff.

RPGCrazied

Ok then. This is going to be downgraded in graphics somewhat. I'm sure they can get it on a 32gb one. But Nintendo is pretty stingy with its cards.

TLZ

Banned
I just wish they offered the 2D version standalone, because that's all I want to play after doing everything with the 3D version on PS4.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm really excited to get this. I held off from buying the PS4 version to wait for this one, so I've had to jealously listen to GAFers croon about how good it is. That 2D mode... That time travel to other Dragon Quest eras...
I LOOOVED DQXI and already played it on my PS4 but I'm still planning to get this, thats how much I enjoyed this game.

I'm really excited to get this. I held off from buying the PS4 version to wait for this one, so I've had to jealously listen to GAFers croon about how good it is. That 2D mode... That time travel to other Dragon Quest eras...

You are definitely going to love it. The fact that SO many of us are going to buy it twice says a lot. I was really blown away by this one, and I have always loved the DQ games. Can't wait to jump back into it on the Switch - bring on the 2D mode!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Definitely double dipping on this game, it's great and these new additions also look great

It's SUPERB.

:messenger_smirking:

Okay so late game spoiler question about the traveling to other DQ games.
Is that all done in the epilogue? I got to where you thwarted Veronica being killed going back into the past but didn't progress much past that. I got back to the big castle town and that's where I left off.

Orenji Neko

I put well over 120 hours doing everything and getting every achievement on the PC version, and I think I'll do it all again on the Switch since I like the game so much. (I mean, shit, it's Dragon Quest; I love them all, even including the more nefarious portions of Dragon Quest 2.)

Mista

Banned
Get the better version man. You’ll have a blast with this one

Rran

This is my kinda thread.

This game looks so good. I was already hyped for it and the Treehouse thing was basically a second Nintendo Direct all about showing off new features. GOTY...?

TLZ

Banned
Okay so late game spoiler question about the traveling to other DQ games.
Is that all done in the epilogue? I got to where you thwarted Veronica being killed going back into the past but didn't progress much past that. I got back to the big castle town and that's where I left off.
Travelling to other DQ games? Do you mean the 3DS version?

Now we just need a HD port of the 3DS version of DQVIII with some bells and whistles.

The resolution on the 3DS version put too much of a strain on my eyes reading the text :(

I thought part of what made the Switch port great was that they were including the 3DS only features for the Switch to make up for the 3DS version not being released. Minus the touchscreen of course...

Travelling to other DQ games? Do you mean the 3DS version?

Well that's what I'm asking is traveling to the other DQ games part
of the epilogue in the base game? I only got to saving Veronica in the base.
Or was that a 3DS only thing? Or is it only part of the new Switch content?

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Well that's what I'm asking is traveling to the other DQ games part
of the epilogue in the base game? I only got to saving Veronica in the base.
Or was that a 3DS only thing? Or is it only part of the new Switch content?
It's in the 3DS and not in PS4. Looks like it's going to be in Switch. PS4 got shafted :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Fbh

Looking good.

Still a bit salty it's either the nicer looking pc/PS4 version or the more content complete Switch one.

Im kinda hoping someone rips the music from this version and mods it into the PC one

The only thing that worries me is resolution. Base PS4 was only 900p. Are we looking at a 720p docked game? I'm hoping if they pair down graphic features they can get it up to 900p. No way this does 1080p docked. Still double dipping on this game. I spent over 80 hours on the PS4 version and never did all of the epilogue stuff.

Hey thanks to the art style it doesn't really matter much. It could get away with 720p. From the stream the menu and 2d style are definitely 1080p, but the 3d game seems to be running at 720p.

Last edited:
Top Bottom