• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (2) coming to 360?

sangreal

This internet site claims a deal may be in the works to bring TLJ2 to xbox 360. I was a big fan of the original game, but I don't see how a P&C adventure game can translate well to the console. The site says it is also confirmed for Xbox, which I didn't know, but 30 seconds of research did indeed reveal that it was announced for "PC as well as consoles."

I hope it hasn't been dumbed down for consoles (I haven't really been following the development).

Borys

Banned
sangreal said:
I hope it hasn't been dumbed down for consoles (I haven't really been following the development).

Let's just hope it is as good as TLJ, console-dumbed or not.

There was a press demo and folks at AdventureGamers.com say it was spectacular, that the transition to 3D didn't hurt at all.

It's the fighting that still worries me:

dreamfall4qd.jpg

Raytow

Nothing wrong with fighting in adventure games, Indy games had fighting(optional like in Dreamfall) Quest for Glory had them, didn't suck at all, in fact it was enjoyable when you could finally win over that german boxing champion in Last Crusade :)

Excelion

Banned
It's optional with April and Zoë but Kian will have to fight at some point ;)

I've been told some stuff about the story but i cant say anything, it will be great :) btw, they changed the fighting system last month.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It's hard for me to imagine it gets ported to 360 and Xbox. I bet it just gets on Xbox as a lot of adventure games have quietly ported to it lately. I haven't read that their console-fitting anything about this game. Quite a lot to live up to content wise with this sequel.

Borys

Banned
Excelion said:
It's optional with April and Zoë but Kian will have to fight at some point ;)

I've been told some stuff about the story but i cant say anything, it will be great :) btw, they changed the fighting system last month.

Dare to share anything? :)
We will be visiting Stark and Arkadia again, right I mean RIGHT?

Raytow said:
Nothing wrong with fighting in adventure games, Indy games had fighting(optional like in Dreamfall) Quest for Glory had them, didn't suck at all, in fact it was enjoyable when you could finally win over that german boxing champion in Last Crusade :)
Yeah, I remember boxing at the university and at that nazi castle in Indy & Last Crusader. It was fun. :) Of course the fighting must be just a tiny part of the adventure game, not major...

ram

look at fahrenheit, there is some action, but its only like the quicktime events in shenmue. i`ll hate adventure games with a real (worse) fighting system. the nomad soul was such a game and the fighting sequences ruined the game at all.

Coop

Borys said:
Dare to share anything? :)
We will be visiting Stark and Arkadia again, right I mean RIGHT?

Yeah you do.. you even visit April's old apartment.

As for the fighting, it works like Indiana Jones: FOA.. you can talk your way out of a conflict, fight, or you can sneak pass.

Top Bottom