• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS: Morse Code Training

MrNibbles

Banned
Tippa Tap. Tip. Tap. Tippity tip tip tap.
Seriously, why doesn't this exist yet?
Tap the touch screen to encode messages.
Write on the touch screen to decode.
Higher levels = faster.
It oculd be made for like 12 pesos, and I'd buy it for 35 of my American dollars.

GAF
Give me your predictions for the next batch of "_ Training" and "Train Your _" games.

Why does these games sell so well on the DS?
(No non-games hate)

Games that taught languages would be pretty keen. I suppose the stylus could come into play when your virtual teacher assigns you tests that you can fill in the blank. School is FUN.

threeball

Banned
Legend of Zelda: Brain Training
Super Mario English Training
Metroid Crossing: Wild Brinstar
Nintenliens: Pikmin & Friends
Alakazam's 5000 IQ Brain Academy
Cooking Kirby

i wouldnt mind learning morse code. itd be unusual to know.

also, i thought they actually did it. my first thought was pretty much WTF

Tadaima

I'd love a Morse Code Training game XD But.. Hmm.. Maybe Game Training in a WarioWare style is more realistic :p

DoctorWho said:
Is there a Japanese Training yet? I would buy that game in a heart beat.

Yeah, it's doing really well in the Media Create charts.

Deku

Banned
Because people don't communicate by morse code anymore?

The concept is interesting if it is part of a
a) shipping simulation game (where players try to navigate a ship in the 1900's which did use this technology)

b) an adventure game where the player is required to tap out morse code messages as part of the plot.

A) actually sounds like a great simulation game idea in the vein of A-Train but with era ships.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Propagandhim said:
Conquer Your Depression: Touch and Go!

2uj0f38.jpg

"I'm so woefully beautiful."

Mandoric

Banned
Deku said:
Because people don't communicate by morse code anymore?

The concept is interesting if it is part of a
a) shipping simulation game (where players try to navigate a ship in the 1900's which did use this technology)

b) an adventure game where the player is required to tap out morse code messages as part of the plot.

A) actually sounds like a great simulation game idea in the vein of A-Train but with era ships.

There'd be a small but extant market for it among those interested in ham radio, if the DS can do frequent enough touchscreen state updates.

SumGamer

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Origami Training! Manipulate the paper with the touch screen!

I like that idea. We have cooking Mama and the other cooking game to teach how to cook as well. Mybe we need Carpenter Papa :lol

Drakken

I read the thread title and thought, "No way, are they actually doing that?" People should really use question marks or something else to indicate when a thread is about speculation and not actual news. Though it's not a big deal, just saying.

Llyranor said:
We should all type in this thread in Morse.

But we can't, because we don't have Morse Code Training DS.

.. - .----. ... / .- / -.-. .-. .- .--. .--. -.-- / .. -.. . .- / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.--

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
They should have a game that incorporates that mechanic. It would be neat to type messages in Morse. But to use it for training? Naw.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
MrNibbles said:
Tippa Tap. Tip. Tap. Tippity tip tip tap.
Seriously, why doesn't this exist yet?
Tap the touch screen to encode messages.
Write on the touch screen to decode.
Higher levels = faster.
It oculd be made for like 12 pesos, and I'd buy it for 35 of my American dollars.
Sho Nuff said:
Oh yeah, this sounds like a whole lot of fun. Where do I sign up.

Jesus christ people
when/if a sequel to rhythm tengoku is made for the DS it will pretty much be like a morse code training game, except fun and played to music.

Deku

Banned
BorkBork said:
They should have a game that incorporates that mechanic. It would be neat to type messages in Morse. But to use it for training? Naw.

Most people don't know how to do morse code, so a Morse Training game that isn't purely training but has missions and mini-games might be the way to go.

Also WFC feature to trade morse messages, or something. www

In anycase it makes good use of the touch screen and with the right developer if could be good. I understand this is a hypothetical game but the concept is actually very intriguing and interesting upon further thought.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
FitzOfRage said:
.. - .----. ... / .- / -.-. .-. .- .--. .--. -.-- / .. -.. . .- / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.--

-.. --- -.-- --- ..- .... .- ...- . .- -... . - - . .-. --- -. . ..--..

Top Bottom