• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dual Sense Controller Disconnecting And Not Reconnecting

moowear

Hope someone has had similar issues and found a solution.

I've been having issues with the controllers losing connection to the console digital version. I've searched the net for solutions and have tried them:
-hard resetting controller
-resetting cache on console (I haven't fully reset the system yet because I don't want to lose my saves and redownload the games, might have to do this?)
-System and controller on latest firmware

I'm able to use the controller in safe mode hardwired. I bought a second controller to see if my stock controller was borked but it exhibits the same behavior.
I can play for a few hours at a time when it does eventually reconnect so I don't think it's wifi related? No other BT devices are in the immediate area, also, the console is hardwired. Though I am using verizon 5g as my internet source, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've turned off the wifi functionality on the modem and am using using google for mesh. I've tested by turning off all the access points but am still having the issue.

The only way I can navigate the menus and play is by using remote play on my pc.

Anyone run into a similar issue?

graywolf323

I’ve had that happen before intermittently, it’s definitely very annoying

by hard reset do you mean you did the stick a paper clip into the tiny hole on the controller? that usually fixes it for me

moowear

Thanks. Correct. Did that a few times and after a while it works but I don't know if that was what did it or not because it hasn't been consistent in getting it to resync. In addition, and forgot to add this initially, it'll show up as a registered controller but just won't connect. The option is greyed out. This occurs to multiple controllers as well.

oSrdhSv.png

Damn that's strange. I had a similar issue on PS4 once, but it corrected itself when I rebooted the system and connected the controller via USB cable. Sounds like something else is happening on your end though. When you connect any other Bluetooth device like a headset, does it disconnect as well?

moowear

Ya quite strange. Did you just do a soft reset on your ps4 or did you hard reset when it happened? I don't have any other BT accessories but I'm assuming that they won't connect either since I tried connecting multiple controllers with the same result. Had also called Sony support and they suggested I send in the controller, which I don't think is the issue since it's happening with other controllers. Just hoping there's a fix out there and it's not because of the bluetooth radio inside the console itself. :messenger_sad_relieved:

Top Bottom