• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Motive's Iron Man game will be developed using Unreal Engine 5

Hello everyone,

I can’t believe it’s been over a year since my last update about our beloved Motive™ Studio. Exciting things have happened since then! In January, we released our remake of the iconic Dead Space™, which earned so much praise from players and press alike. This was a big milestone for us; it gave us a chance to show our passion, our expertise, and our commitment to quality in all that we do.

Since then, our focus has switched to the Iron Man project, giving us the opportunity to work (and play!) with another extraordinary property. We’re still early in pre-production and taking our time to make sure we set the best possible foundation for development. But already, we’re finding so many opportunities to explore story, design and gameplay with Iron Man, and it’s exciting to see the fantasy start coming alive. Even this early in the process, we’ve put in place a Community Council made up of Iron Man and Marvel fans; as with Dead Space, they’ll be offering feedback on pretty much everything throughout the development process. Meanwhile, we’ve chosen Unreal Engine 5 as our game engine, in order to empower the dev team to work their magic and create something really special.

yanhash

I just hope it's more inspired by the comics than the movies(the avengers game had the same issues)

Darsxx82

Only use Lumen. Don't bother with Nanite.
For a game where a large part of the gameplay will be flying at high speed through environments...? Nanite will certainly be more useful or even essential.

Then, if you have just chosen a graphics engine, the game is very far from being released. 3 years.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Oh... so that's what they're gonna do next.

bored-homer-simpson.gif

Top Bottom