• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force X Interview

bloke

Nice find. But crap if there'll be only english dub.
Also according to gamefaqs, game is getting PAL release too by the end of March.

D3 said:
Ok now here’s the question on everyone’s mind, what’s the price point going to be for Earth Defense Force 2017?

We haven’t locked it down yet, but we think the game has broad appeal in that it’s a game for super-hardcore gamers and casual gamers alike. Also, since this is the first time we’re brining this series to the US, we wanted to make sure it would grab peoples’ attention even if they don’t know the name Earth Defense Force. So, needless to say, it won’t cost you as much as something like Gears of War.

GOOD NEWS

hope the new VA is all crackly and urgent

Bebpo

Banned
shuri said:
WHAT ABOUT ONLINE! WHAT ABOUT ONLINEEEEE

Unless they are doing HUGE programming improvements, that's not going to happen. The game wasn't designed as an online game and adding online would be a huge feat.

OatmealMu said:
I hope they get the voice director and VAs from Robot Alchemic Drive. One of the better english dubs I've heard.
WHAT

WHAT WHAT WHAT

what.gif

WHAT

NO

"If Earth Defense Force 2017 is successful is there any hope for Earth Defense Force 1 and 2 to come to North America at a later date?

At the moment, we’re just focusing on this title since next-gen is really the current-gen, but that doesn’t mean we couldn’t go back to the vaults and bring back EDF 1 and 2 if EDF 2017 is a smashing success. "

EVERYONE BUY EDFX SO EDF2 CAN COME TO THE STATES! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

I see they're calling the aliens "Ravagers" instead of "foreigners" now, heh. English-only dub doesn't bother me, since a lot of the atmosphere is brought by the news reports and your screaming comrades, and it'd be a pain to read subtitles for them. They'd just better carry it off well.

Top Bottom