• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthquake hits Iran-Pakistan border (Magnitude: 7.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iran sits on major geological faultlines and has suffered several devastating earthquakes, including a 6.6 magnitude quake in 2003 that flattened the city of Bam, in Iran's far southeast, killing more than 25,000 people.

Wow :(

Sad to hear so many people have already died. Thoughts go out to the lost one's families and hope any injured people get recovery.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fuck. So many tragedies this week. I hope the number of casualties doesn't rise much above the mark it's at now...

We don't have to deal with natural disasters of any kind, other than occasional floods and landslides (due to lack of infrastructure and proper urban planning).

I guess we are blessed somehow.

Raist

Banned
We don't have to deal with natural disasters of any kind, other than occasional floods and landslides (due to lack of infrastructure and proper urban planning).

But then again you've got nasty snakes and spiders and stuff.

Peterthumpa

Fuck. So many tragedies this week. I hope the number of casualties doesn't rise much above the mark it's at now...

Natural disasters wise, yeah, we're good.
A lot of other things to shit all over us though.

Raist

Banned
That's a joke, right?

Hum, no? I mean it's not as bad as Australia, but still. The local fauna isn't exactly the most friendly either. Might just only be relevant to the rainforest tho. But i remember running into a few nasty critters.

Peterthumpa

Hum, no? I mean it's not as bad as Australia, but still. The local fauna isn't exactly the most friendly either. Might just only be relevant to the rainforest tho. But i remember running into a few nasty critters.

Now you're spot on. The biggest populated areas in Brazil are no worse than other big cities around the world, really.

Dead Man

Damn. Hope the death toll stays low, the Bam earthquake in 2003 was only 6.6.

Neither Iran nor Pakistan are part of the middle east.

If you say so. Many would disagree, at least in Iran. But I guess nomenclature is the important thing to comment on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom