• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM Live 12/11.....

Nameless

Electronic Gaming Monthly editors Greg Ford, Bryan Intihar, and Michael Donahoe welcome back Jennifer Tsao from maternity leave with news tidbits on everything from David Jaffe calling out EGM at the Playboy Mansion to who won the launch war, Wii or PS3? We also discuss what it's really like working in the offices of Ziff Davis, which Wii and PS3 launch titles you1ll be happy you have rotting in your game library 5 years from now, and the mysteries of Microsoft Excel. And if the trivia questions have been too easy for you in recent weeks, this one's sure to knock Wikipedia offline. Get ready to copy and paste!

http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/Podcasts/EGM/121106.mp3

45:46...

Nameless

Wario64 said:
No Kathleen?

wariodog.gif

purg3

slept with Malkin
Thanks for the link, I'll have to listen to this after I finish listening to the Jaffe interview.

Proelite

Luckyman said:
Brought to you by Sony PS3.

Is this show biased?

Holy shit, that's so ironic after listening to this podcast. :lol
Brought to you by M$ 360 & Nintendo Wii would make more sense.

Tieno

Proelite said:
Holy show, that's so ironic after listening to this podcast. :lol
Brought to you by M$ 360 & Nintendo Wii would make more sense.
lawlz, you wrote MS with a $, teh witty! :lol :lol :lol :lol

SickBoy

Listened today. Meh, but it wasn't nearly as bad as last week's "Hotspot", which I just started listening to (I guess there's a reason there aren't threads about it here).

Still, EGM Live is batting less than .300 for me now. I just don't feel it. 1Up Yours and Next-Gen are the best game podcasts IMO.

farnham

Banned
SickBoy said:
Listened today. Meh, but it wasn't nearly as bad as last week's "Hotspot", which I just started listening to (I guess there's a reason there aren't threads about it here).

Still, EGM Live is batting less than .300 for me now. I just don't feel it. 1Up Yours and Next-Gen are the best game podcasts IMO.

played is prette good too

Blimblim

The Inside Track
_leech_ said:
Is Mark on? And if so, does he complain about the USB cable length again?
There are a lot of reason to complain about this cable length. It's just a farce to include a cable even shorter than the already short DS2 cables.

medrew

Blimblim said:
There are a lot of reason to complain about this cable length. It's just a farce to include a cable even shorter than the already short DS2 cables.

But but but you can buy any standard mini-usb cable. Probably pick them up the same time you're getting that HDMI cable.

No Shane? :(

Blimblim

The Inside Track
medrew said:
But but but you can buy any standard mini-usb cable. Probably pick them up the same time you're getting that HDMI cable.

No Shane? :(
I'd rather they had not included a cable than including one that has basically no practical use. If I have a HDTV, you get I'm sitting more than 1.5 meter away from my TV and PS3... WTF were they thinking?

Reilly said:

Do you have nothing better to do in your live than stare at a wall while listening to podcasts. The hour+ podcasts are great for those of us who travel, work out, or you know, have a life.

radjago

I saw a Game.com at a thrift shop today for $2.99 with Batman and Robin. I'll start the auction at $50 "As heard on EGM Live! Live the podcast!"

Tieno

mmlemay said:
Do you have nothing better to do in your live than stare at a wall while listening to podcasts. The hour+ podcasts are great for those of us who travel, work out, or you know, have a life.
Agreed! Great for on a train, bike, working out!

if jenn starts hosting again, well, the podcast will definitely lose the steam that it was gaining these last couple months.

thankfully 1up yours and next gen will forever rock.

imastalker co. said:
if jenn starts hosting again, well, the podcast will definitely lose the steam that it was gaining these last couple months.

I kinda agree. I liked her on this week's show, but my memories of her presenting were always that she'd kinda move shit along too quickly and kinda lacked any edge.

pl8

imastalker co. said:

i didnt know that Jen was the host. I have been listening to EGM live for about a month and i just didnt know. I wouldnt be able to stand her if she was to be sole host. Her voice is too annoying for me. It would totally ruin it for me.

pl8 said:
i didnt know that Jen was the host. I have been listening to EGM live for about a month and i just didnt know. I wouldnt be able to stand her if she was to be sole host. Her voice is too annoying for me. It would totally ruin it for me.

She went away like...3 months ago. Which oddly coincided with the time the show got pretty good. My major concern is Jen coming back = one of the team leaving. The line up may change a lot, but there's plenty of people I want to hear on it. Shane better not get less airtime because she's back :mad:

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
It's amazing how GAF always pick on the girls... 1UP show and now this... stop using some lame excuse like "Duurrrr... her voice is annoying"

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
NetMapel said:
It's amazing how GAF always pick on the girls... 1UP show and now this... stop using some lame excuse like "Duurrrr... her voice is annoying"

I actually think the opposite. I like her voice, but it's kind of confusing...how she throws out semi-stealth-trollish statements from time to time, but she does it with such a nice voice I almost feel bad for wanting to point it out. :p

itsme

Banned
Luckyman said:
Brought to you by Sony PS3.

Is this show biased?
No, from what I've been hearing, they're more like 360 with XBL is god given, and sony sucks ass for the recent past podcasts. Reality is achievement point is for hardcore people, casual people doesn't give a damn about it, especially knowing that there is no chance in hell they'll make it the top list. But, to EGM people, it's the best thing since since of bread.

NetMapel said:

This is different, I don't think anybody dislikes Jen. It's just a case of the podcast having really grown since she's been gone. I listen every week, and would have no problem with her being on every show. I'm just unconvinced she's a host.

Plus, she's now a possible milf (I have no idea what she looks like), which always helps round these parts.

Top Bottom