• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I was going to build a new PC in time for the DLC but guess what I haven't even started researching yet
For me when I want replay Elden Ring, I play it from scratch so I can make entirely new build but it take at least two playthrough to complete my build... I dont think I cant make it it until DLC comes out.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I started my DLC build. I have a Level 113 character. I’m not sure what level I should have my character at or at which point should I hold off from doing. Wait to finish the northern part of the map? Wait to
burn the tree?
I keep wondering how and where we start the DLC. Certain events shouldn’t or doesn’t cancel certain things.

Soodanim

Just found a nice price for the DLC and base game.
Had to double dip on PC as when the DLC is done I plan on playing extra modded content on the PC.
There's some impressive stuff out there, I saw Sekiro's deflect mechanic, including an extra bar on each boss (probably each enemy). Having just finished that game, it's tempting.

But if nothing else the ability to remove the slow, useless logo screens (including the blinding white From one) before the title screen and the chromatic aberration from the game itself is excellent. I also changed the FOV slightly IIRC.

It was well worth sacrificing the same old lazy jokes posted in messages throughout the game, and I wasn't summoning anyway so it was no loss.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Looking forward to trying the dlc even though I got stuck on godskin duo and never finished the game
If you want tips, let us know. There's something extremely effective for balancing the fight in your favour.

Mohg is difficult as well, but it mostly comes down to learning the moveset and reacting/punishing where appropriate.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I did not realize they nerfed Rivers of Blood. Here I was playing my new MC with a +6 moonveil thinking id respec for Rivers of Blood. It doesn’t do anything it use to. I switch over to Blasphemous Blade at level 120. No wonder on NG+3 I had to switch to the Blasphemous Blade because it was the only weapon that took significant damage at the very end.

Horfrost Stomp being scaled back was understandable. That art broke the game back at launch, but to wait this long to nerf corpse piler just makes me sad. 😭

Last edited:

Soodanim

I did not realize they nerfed Rivers of Blood. Here I was playing my new MC with a +6 moonveil thinking id respec for Rivers of Blood. It doesn’t do anything it use to. I switch over to Blasphemous Blade at level 120. No wonder on NG+3 I had to switch to the Blasphemous Blade because it was the only weapon that took significant damage at the very end.

Horfrost Stomp being scaled back was understandable. That art broke the game back at launch, but to wait this long to nerf corpse piler just makes me sad. 😭
ROB was justifiably infamous pre-patch, but I forgot about Hoarfrost. I made a conscious choice to not use it unless needed as I don't like being OP on a first run at all, and I remember Gargoyle Duo being one that drove me to it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I heard Darkmoon Greatsword was also nerfed that weapon still incredibly strong. It does good damage but also its ash of war ability dose lot of poise damage.

The best part is it only cost FP to activated but using actual Moonlight skill doesn't cost FP.
skill-moonlight-greatsword-elden-ring-wiki-480px.gif

Curious to see how much Rivers of Blood got nerfed. I’m putting my runes into Arcane until I reach 20. At level 210 I can use most weapons which is pretty nice.

Mohg in NG+ is no joke. I wasn’t able to do much with the Blasphemous Blade so I switched back to good old Bloodhound’s Fang, and holy shit what a difference it made. It made a joke out of Mohg and the fight was over in less than a minute. I guess certain weapons are extremely effective against some bosses but not so much against others.

Not much left to do before the DLC’s release. Might do the Haligtree next.

Soodanim

Curious to see how much Rivers of Blood got nerfed. I’m putting my runes into Arcane until I reach 20. At level 210 I can use most weapons which is pretty nice.

Mohg in NG+ is no joke. I wasn’t able to do much with the Blasphemous Blade so I switched back to good old Bloodhound’s Fang, and holy shit what a difference it made. It made a joke out of Mohg and the fight was over in less than a minute. I guess certain weapons are extremely effective against some bosses but not so much against others.

Not much left to do before the DLC’s release. Might do the Haligtree next.
The RoB nerf, from what I remember, is largely in the extended range being reduced and moving the most damaging parts back to weapon only, as well as of course scaling back the bleed of it all. Before you were chopping down gods from a safe distance but it's much fairer now.

Antwix

The "new RoB" is putting double slash on a nagakiba with bloodflame blade. Seen a quite a few people use that in pvp

Last edited:

You think that's bad? At least they still function. There is zero reason to use Bloodhound Step skill now as rolling twice is safer and covers more distance at no FP cost.
waiting-alone-pablo-escobar-meme-59plbd99bd7kqbt1.webp

Top Bottom