• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elm Street 3 was originally darker

bitbydeath

I wasn’t aware of this and found it quite fascinating being a huge Elm Street.

By darker Freddy swore a lot more and was less loveable which was a huge turning point for the series.

Some snippets:
Freddy to Nancy: Now give Freddie a little head, hmm
Freddy to Nancy: Cunt! I’ll get you — asleep or awake! I’ll shit on your corpse
The original script had a lot more focus on Nancy but otherwise there was still-
Jennifer, a 14-year-old with cigarette burns on her arms.

Taryn, a 15-year-old black girl who keeps herself guarded and sketches pictures of flames.

Kincaid, a 17-year-old “big boy” who weighs 250 pounds and is mean as hell.
Taryn was originally black
images

Joey, a 19-year-old who is frail and spasmodic with a twisted body.

Laredo, a handsome 17-year-old with long hair and a large collection of clay figures such as monsters, wizards and warriors.

Phillip, the frail, 13-year-old sleepwalker roommate to Kincaid.

Will was in the wheelchair and Joey was the mute. Laredo didn’t exist but has qualities of both Will and Phillip.
Kristen is also in the original version.

Now as for their deaths pretty much everyone dies except for Kristin who wishes a dead Nancy into a dream at the end so she now lives their permanently too.

Joey and Kincaid both die which they had survived in the version we know.

They say about 70% of the script was changed so almost everything, the fantasy is muted but the violence/ kill count is up.

I hope you find that info as fascinating as I have. You can find the scripts here.

teezzy

Banned
Elm Street 3 is such a fan favorite for a reason. It represents everything people love about Nightmare on Elm Street as a whole, and is the perfect balance between wisecrackin' Freddy and Craven's more sinister vision of the character from the original film.

Top Bottom