• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embracer gives update on Star Wars: KotOR remake

Draugoth

Gold Member
kotor-1440x814.jpg

In a conference call discussing the deal, Embracer CEO Lars Wingefors was quizzed about the jointly held AAA project on a couple of occasions.

One analyst asked if it was expected to come out in the next 12 months or whether it was a more distant release.

“No, I think that kind of game needs some deep love and respect, so without giving full colour, I think it’s some time left until that is released,”

Wingefors said.

via VGC

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Started Jedi survivor less than 24 hours ago and would love kotor remake now it’s going to be amazing whenever it releases.

If they give Disney another few years, there might not be a Star Wars anymore. Isn't that new Rey trilogy designed to make men feel uncomfortable out soon? Sounds like quite a departure from Lucas's original vision.

Last edited:
I don't even understand the point of this game. It's not like the first one is technologically unplayable, or so archaic it really needs a remake, or is legally unavailable on modern hardware.

IAmRei

Maybe if it still faithful and improved in good way, it could revive my love for star wars... I lost interest despite having years very active in star wars community... Now i cant even remember the eu anymore, even i forgot the names of the characters.

Fair enough. But they also colluded with Wizards of the Coast /Hasbro for BG3 and they did not get poisoned.
True, I guess I feel like on the level of competent to incompetent, Embracer is a far, far more incompetent company than WotC/Hasbro, even with me being well aware of how badly they've screwed up themselves.

Embracer almost feels like some jackass from r/wallstreetbets bought all of these gaming companies after winning big on gamestop stock, and then used them to make another huge gamble for more money because they felt 'we can't lose, too the moon!'. Then they lost. It just feels like a company being led by someone who doesn't know what they're doing and didn't have any backup plans.

"Embracer announces that they have nothing to announce"

What a time to be alive.
Basically any gaming article now. Clickbait bullshit that poses a question but doesn't answer it, an article full of what redditors think, or a horrendously written article where the writer tries to be funny and quirky but comes across as braindead.

I expected Embracer to shut down Vampyr / Saber Interactive over their supposed failures to make a better product. - Embracer is obviously at fault because Aspyr already said the game wouldn't be ready till 2025 at best, so..

Top Bottom