• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embracer Group acquires fuckload of studios, including Flying Wild Hog

THQ Nordic parent Embracer Group has acquired 13 new companies, including 11 game studios. The full list includes: 34BigThings, A Thinking Ape Entertainment, Coffee Stain North, Flying Wild Hog, IUGO Mobile Entertainment, Mad Head Games, Nimble Giant Entertainment, Purple Lamp Studios, Quantic Lab, Silent Games, Snapshot Games, Sandbox Strategies, and Zen Studios.

Didn't see a thread for it, I apologize if there's already one out there. I'm not really familiar with the other studios, but FWH is massive. They recently acquired 4A Studios so that gives them 2 of the best FPS studios out there. Shadow Warrior 3 looks boss as fuck and I loved the first two. Hope Embracer delivers with the budget for all these studios and are not a pyramid scheme or shit. It's wednesday, so YOUR MOVE MICROSOFT.

Also, obligatory:

1566343145163.png

Stay mad Diggeh my man.

Impressive. Embracer is building best RPG and FPS stablehouse in the biz.

Absolutely. Like I said, I hope they give these guys the budget so they can deliver, that's my only concern with Embracer. I keep getting that irrational fear they're going to collapse on themselves, not that I have anything pointing at that, it's just something I'm afraid of.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'm not familiar with most of these studios. What accolades can be referred to so I can know how big of a deal this is? So far I'm not impressed.

Last edited:

Kadve

FWH is massive

eh, considering that they've haven't done much besides Shadow warrior for the last 10 years. I'm not so sure if i would call them "huge".

Interestingly though. This buy did not include the shadow warrior IP which is still owned by Devolver, wonder how that's gonna work out.

(edit) Also the one company people might overlook here is Sandbox Strategies. Which isn't a developer but a PR-firm, and apparently a very prominent one among Indie devs from what I've heard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
That digger guy is still doing that shit??? Wow. SMH.

Embracer continues to acquire everyone. LOL. Hoping they acquire Airship Syndicate. Other than that, I would like to see them acquire Techland if Microsoft hasn't/doesn't.

eh, considering that they've haven't done much besides Shadow warrior for the last 10 years. I'm not so sure if i would call them "huge".

Interestingly though. This buy did not include the shadow warrior IP which is still owned by Devolver, wonder how that's gonna work out.

(edit) Also the company the one company people might overlook here is Sandbox Strategies. Which isn't a developer but a PR-firm, and apparently a very prominent one among Indie devs from what I've heard.

Time for Hard Reset sequel

Garjon

The hell are they doing here? I'm not just talking about the money sunk buying these studios out, that's a LOT of running costs and last I checked THQN aren't exactly been churning out hit after hit.

Yeah I was a bit hyperbolic lol but I think they're very talented and I'm very impressed with the Shadow Warrior reboot. The fanboyism got the best of me.

Now, Devolver keeps the SW IP and they purchased Croteam. Now wouldn't THAT retro FPS inception be quite something lol.

MAtgS

Zen's pinball games have been my guilty pleasure addiction for a while now. I hope this benefits them (& finally bring the fucking Marvel tables to Switch!)

Top Bottom