• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Endless Dungeon Announce Trailer (TGA2020)

A new entry in the Endless series of games is once again being developed by Amplitude Studios and published by Sega.

Check out the trailer with its beautifully haunting, super laidback song that subtly underscores the visuals. (I need a full length version of that tune so bad.)

Based on the above trailer and the official website, the game is a roguelite and is slated to arrive on all current platforms: PC, PS4/5, Xbone, XSeries and Switch.

Character artwork from the site to whet your appetite:

Bunker
9wlFiHa.png

Shroom
h01JR8E.png

Zed
dcm3hUc.png
There's currently a community vote going on at games2gether to pick a bonus skin for the Bunker character. You do need to subscribe to the newsletter to partake and to receive the skin, which is currently slated for PC only (though I'd be surprised if it didn't arrive on all platforms eventually).

I anticipate that the *ahem*, highly cultured, monocled skin will eventually win the vote but who knows? Click the respective links above for more.

Are people supposed to be excited to play as a robot with the physique of a school librarian? Who is this game for?
A library that enforces leg day has its foundations set right.

Seriously though, I can't say. I think the designs are striking and fairly idiosyncratic with good silhouettes.

From reading the site, there should be more character designs to look forward to and there's a decent chance people will find some of them more to their liking.

Well the song is bloody fabulous, and what little gameplay shown does look good too, color me interested!
The song was what caught my attention so heavily. I wasn't too impressed by the opening CG when it started but the song sunk its claws deep.

And yes, the little gameplay footage shown looks functional and fun. Personally hoping it has a great Switch port!

Looks solid to me.
Animations are fluid and the song is sublime, that's all states covered!

By the way, their previous game with the longer name, Dungeon of the Endless is currently 80% off (I believe on all platforms it's on) but since it's actually been out for many years perhaps you've already played it?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Animations are fluid and the song is sublime, that's all states covered!

By the way, their previous game with the longer name, Dungeon of the Endless is currently 80% off (I believe on all platforms it's on) but since it's actually been out for many years perhaps you've already played it?
Haven't played it, nope. Kind of a base-building / tower defense / dungeon-diving roguelike if I'm not mistaken?

VN1X

Banned
Super excited for this! The Roguelike genre has become one of my favourites over the past few years so I'm hoping they do it justice. All it needs is a fucktown of item synergy, plenty of weapons and levels. Endless replayability. :lollipop_winking:

Not sure what all you sourpusses above are on about, I love the visuals myself (but then again my taste is far more sophisticated than most of you troglodytes, pah!).

Haven't played it, nope. Kind of a base-building / tower defense / dungeon-diving roguelike if I'm not mistaken?
I think you've got the right idea, just minus the base building. Haven't dug into it myself but am looking forward to doing so very soon (and then I'll see where I fall on the Steam Reviews Alignments) :D

Edit: DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi , this RPS review might pique your interest or at least answer your question better.

Last edited:
Super excited for this! The Roguelike genre has become one of my favourites over the past few years so I'm hoping they do it justice. All it needs is a fucktown of item synergy, plenty of weapons and levels. Endless replayability. :lollipop_winking:

Not sure what all you sourpusses above are on about, I love the visuals myself (but then again my taste is far more sophisticated than most of you troglodytes, pah!).
Lemme guess...Isaac and Gungeon?

Also, DunDunDunpachi had a thread about roguelike/lites last year, not sure if you've already seen it.

VN1X

Banned
Lemme guess...Isaac and Gungeon?

Also, DunDunDunpachi had a thread about roguelike/lites last year, not sure if you've already seen it.
Risk of Rain, Hades and Slay the Spire actually!

Isaac was really good though and enjoyed my (relatively) short time with Gungeon. Although the latter was a bit too bullet hell-y for my tastes.

Risk of Rain, Hades and Slay the Spire actually!

Isaac was really good though and enjoyed my (relatively) short time with Gungeon. Although the latter was a bit too bullet hell-y for my tastes.
Damn, wrong on both guesses lol.

I was thinking you had Isaac in mind because you mentioned item synergies, which I think Isaac does an amazing job with.

Of the three you listed I'm most interested in playing Hades and STS some time in the future!

Gaelyon

Gold Member
It's a sequel/remake of Dungeon of the Endless, which was pretty good, by the same studio. It had my curiosity but now it have my attention.

Last edited:
Top Bottom