• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic's "no questions asked" refund requirements

Helios

Thank you for contacting Epic Games Player Support! This is an automated response to your selected issue. We'll be happy to assist you with your refund request. Before we can do that, we first need some more information to verify you own the account. We need you to please provide the following information:

• Your public IP address(es) (IPv4), which you can find by searching "What is my IP address" in your internet browser, if you use multiple devices, please include all IP addresses .
  • Date when you created your Epic Games account .
  • An invoice ID for any Epic Games purchase you made on the account (the Invoice ID begins with an "A," followed by 8 digits, example: A12345678) .
  • Locations (city, state/province) where you made purchases on the account
  • Original display name for the account
  • Last 4 digits of the first payment card used on the account
  • Date of your last login
  • Names of any PlayStation, Switch, Twitch, or Xbox accounts connected to your Epic Games account and the dates when they were connected .
We're serious about player security, so if we're unable to verify you own the account, we won't be able to make any changes

EDIT: This also comes only a few days after people found out their Privacy Policy violates GDPR laws

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Hey, Epic! How about keys from my apartment where I store my money and also specific dates and time of day when I'm not at home so that you can go there and stole all you want?

Meccs

Do we really need to do this? The market will decide if the Epic store will be a success or not. Just let it happen. You'll be ok either way!

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
5Bwl3Nl.gif

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Off-topic I know, but does anyone know exactly what happened when LewieP left RockPaperShotgun? It all smelled rather fishy and obviously Lewie was replaced by someone more fitting the RPS hive mind.. I did half wonder if Walker was banging the newbie and got rid of Lewie so she could have a job tbh.

Grinchy

Banned
It kinda just sounds like a ploy to make sure that a significant percent of people who try to do a refund won't be willing to go through the hassle of providing all this info.

How could it be seen as anything else? Unless you can have it refund money to a card that didn't purchase the games, I guess. Then someone could theoretically hack your account and refund the money to their own account.

DiscoJer

Some of that is impossible for me, because I have satellite internet and my IP changes constantly, as does my supposed location according to the internet (anywhere from LA to Chicago)

This is very similar to the old Riot games system, I wanted my old Beta EU account back, they gave me a huge list of things I could never give like account creation

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Sounds like a huge nerd is in charge that does not understand how normal people work.

Get that idiot out of that position.

Sounds like a huge nerd is in charge that does not understand how normal people work.

Get that idiot out of that position.

I read somewhere else that it was a modified version of their process for changing account details and they just hadn't converted them to a full refund policy yet.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Yeah this needs to change quickly. I won't be purchasing anything from the store without a solid, hassle free refund policy.

down 2 orth

"Tencent would like to know your location"

Yeah, fuck Tencent. Worst "customer service" I've ever had to endure. If Epic is going to emulate their owners, then be prepared to have your personal information raped, your account hacked/mysteriously deactivated, and never EVER talk to a human representative.

Shin

Banned
Beside the IP address I don't see anything out of the ordinary that isn't usually required when dealing with payment services on the net.

Top Bottom