• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN October Sale - 150+ items - Odin Sphere Leifthrasi, The Witness and more...

Yes, I would like to know this too. Although I did ask in another topic maybe a month ago, and the answer was a yes back then, so I doubt anything has changed.

I don't own it, but the last I've seen from GAF was when the "JC3 runs like utter shit" (Paraphrased) topic was bumped about a month ago with a patch, followed by a digital foundry video saying that it, basically, runs worse than at launch. Reports to the contrary would have its own topic (or even an article on Eurogamer) so...probably pass.

They're still releasing DLC though!

Speaking of how games run, how was Spiderman for the Vita? Got the craving for a Spider-Man game to last me until the Insomniac game comes out.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/buy-2-for-50-psn-2523189

Put 2 of these titles in your basket and 50% will get knocked off automatically:

Bound
CounterSpy
Dead Nation Apocalypse
Doki-Doki Universe
Enter the Gungeon
Entwined
Escape Plan
Escape Plan Collection
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Fat Princess Adventures
Fat Princess Adventures Mega Loot Bundle
flOw
Flower
Goat Simulator
Hardware Rivals
Helldivers Super-Earth Ultimate
Hohokum
LUMO
Oddworld New 'n' Tasty
Primal Carnage: Extinction
Resogun
Shadow of the Beast
SOMA
Sound Shapes Ultimate
Super Stardust Ultra
The Unfinished Swan
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Unravel

Mostly ex-Plus games but a good time to catch up if you missed out.

Ikon

Plenty of interesting games in this sale. Even if I really don't need to add to my backlog right now I'm eyeing the following:

Firewatch Dynamic Theme Bundle
Grand Theft Auto V
Life is Strange Season Pass
Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst
The Telltale Games Collection
The Witness
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

OCD Guy

So does Just Cause 3 still run like ass on PS4?

Unfortunately the framerate is still really inconsistent.

I actually got enticed into purchasing the XLversion in a previous sale, as Just Cause 3 tends to go on sale regularly.

My only hope at this stage is that they release a Pro patch.

There's a really good game in there but it's not playable in my opinion in it's current state.

I have to say that I'm really loving the regular PSN sales we tend to have, the one thing I'd love to have though is a refund policy like steam where we're given a limited time to try a game and return it should we not like it, it runs terribly or whatever else.

It's not fair that consumers are sometimes stuck with broken games, the positive is that it would also increase sales as there are certain games I've been tempted by but always cautious incase I don't like them.

TheBera

Just got Odin Sphere for PSVita, so much fun!
I got bored with the PS2 version when it came out, but this remaster/remake is seriously slick to play. Hope I'll finish it this time!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/buy-2-for-50-psn-2523189

Put 2 of these titles in your basket and 50% will get knocked off automatically:

Bound
CounterSpy
Dead Nation Apocalypse
Doki-Doki Universe
Enter the Gungeon
Entwined
Escape Plan
Escape Plan Collection
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
flOw
Flower
Goat Simulator
Hardware Rivals
Helldivers Super-Earth Ultimate
Hohokum
Oddworld New 'n' Tasty
Resogun
Shadow of the Beast
SOMA
Sound Shapes Ultimate
The Unfinished Swan
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Unravel

Fat Princess Adventures
Fat Princess Adventures Mega Loot Bundle
LUMO
Primal Carnage: Extinction
Super Stardust Ultra

Mostly ex-Plus games but a good time to catch up if you missed out.

Just went through... only four games I don't own, with one of those (Stardust) of interest to me, Anyone played Primal Carnage -- is it worthwhile?

Also, most if not all of these games have been deeply discounted before, and it might be cheaper to wait for them to be on sale again. For instance, Soma is £24 here, but it's been as cheap as £5 previously.

Fudo Myo

I'm thinking of getting Bound and Fat Princess Adventures (will wait for Odin Sphere to get cheaper).

Are those worth £14 combined?

Bishop89

dont think any new sales this week.

skimmed through the store and didnt see anything new, hope im wrong.

psprices did add Batman AK, Farcry Primal & The Division though (only good sale one being Batman)

Anything new going up or being added today? Edit - just seen your post, Bishop. Never mind.

Speaking of how games run, how was Spiderman for the Vita? Got the craving for a Spider-Man game to last me until the Insomniac game comes out.

I've not played it but always assumed it was a typical Activision hash job to a system that doesn't have the power to do the job properly without serious optimisation.

I have to say that I'm really loving the regular PSN sales we tend to have, the one thing I'd love to have though is a refund policy like steam where we're given a limited time to try a game and return it should we not like it, it runs terribly or whatever else.

It's not fair that consumers are sometimes stuck with broken games, the positive is that it would also increase sales as there are certain games I've been tempted by but always cautious incase I don't like them.

Yes, I would love a 2 hour refund option like Steam - I would definitely try my hand at games which show up in sales that I'm on the fence about, like first example Just Cause 3, Mad Max, Metal Gear Solid V, The Witness and Street Fighter V, all of which have been in sales recently but I'm still not keen on getting digital games as there is no recompense if you don't like it or it's busted in most cases.

Steroyd

What is the difference between the vanila and the premium Batman Arkham Knight?

Was going to wait till the GOTY version but if the premium edition is the game + season pass at that price...

I shouldn't have bought Firewatch. That was a mistake.

On the other hand, Hyper Light Drifter is all kinds of ace. (I don't think it's on sale anymore though.)

GeeTeeCee

What is the difference between the vanila and the premium Batman Arkham Knight?

Was going to wait till the GOTY version but if the premium edition is the game + season pass at that price...

Everywhere but PSN seems to suggest that the premium version is the game + season pass, as you thought. Pretty crap that the page description doesn't mention it.

odin sphere already in the list?
BUY THIS GAME, if you havent played it already on the ps2!

Actually, buy this game even if you have played it on the PS2, even if you hated it, because it's literally an entirely new game and an amazing one at that. I can't stop playing, it's eye-poppingly beautiful, the story is every bit as good, and now it's infinitely more fun to play.

Lime

Do how does Odin Sphere compare to Dragon's Crown? It looked fairly similar from the video I watched on PSN.

Dragons Crown is more akin to genres like Golden Axe with constrained fighting areas and an emphasis on multiplayer/coop, whereas Odin Sphere Remake is more fast-paced and focused on the singleplayer and its narrative.

Rymuth

Do how does Odin Sphere compare to Dragon's Crown? It looked fairly similar from the video I watched on PSN.
Odin Sphere is a lot more narrative focused than Dragon's Crown. The tone is a lot darker, more steeped in misery as opposed to DC's funny tongue-in-cheek 'story'

Honestly, tho, it's a lot closer to Muramasa than Dragon's Crown.

Oh cool, that sounds neat. I really enjoyed Dragon's Crown and Muramasa (probably Muramasa slightly more). Although in all honesty I probably won't get Odin Sphere now as I've got a huge backlog and I've little time for games at the moment.

Glass Rebel

There are similarities in gameplay but Odin Sphere is single-player only and has a stronger focus on story. Great performance on the Vita as well, compared to Dragon's Crown which has a fair bit of slowdown.

Hopefully there's a Halloween sale in a couple of days - I'm hoping for Resident Evil 5 (and maybe 6) and The Evil Within 4.

EDIT - and I wouldn't mind picking up The Organ Trail and Neverending Nightmares on my Vita.

Bishop89

***REMINDER***

This sale ends today.

I fully expect a halloween sale to kick off today. Though they may do it within the next fortnight.

Looks like there are three separate sales happening this week. You can probably mix and match the categories better than me.

Horror

Until Dawn €21
White Night €7
Slender €5
Layers of Fear €8
Neverending Nightmares €6
The Bunker €13
Limbo €4
Murdered: Soul Suspect €5
Outlast €5
Daylight €6

Indie/Digital

Transistor €6
Assault Suit Leynos €10
Various Telltale Seasons €7.50
Blue Estate €4
Roundabout €10
Riptide GP: Renegade €9
INVERSUS €7
Beyond Eyes €5
Rogue Legacy €5
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition €10
Jazzpunk Definitive Edition €14
LA Cops €6

Retail

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess €20
God Eater 2 Rage Burst €40
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 €25
Resident Evil Triple Bundle Pack €35
Resident Evil 5 €12
Resident Evil 6 €12
Resident Evil 0 €10
Bound by Flame €10
Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition €14
Evil Within €5
DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition €13
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition €19
Bloodborne GOTY €35
Doom €35
Metro Redux Pack €12 (Separate €8)

Bishop89

Looks like there are three separate sales happening this week. You can probably mix and match the categories better than me.

Horror

Until Dawn €21
White Night €7
Slender €5
Layers of Fear €8
Neverending Nightmares €6
The Bunker €13
Limbo €4
Murdered: Soul Suspect €5
Outlast €5
Daylight €6

Indie/Digital

Transistor €6
Assault Suit Leynos €10
Various Telltale Seasons €7.50
Blue Estate €4
Roundabout €10
Riptide GP: Renegade €9
INVERSUS €7
Beyond Eyes €5
Rogue Legacy €5
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition €10
Jazzpunk Definitive Edition €14
LA Cops €6

Retail

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess €20
God Eater 2 Rage Burst €40
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 €25
Resident Evil Triple Bundle Pack €35
Resident Evil 5 €12
Resident Evil 6 €12
Resident Evil 0 €10
Bound by Flame €10
Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition €14
Evil Within €5
DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition €13
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition €19
Bloodborne GOTY €35
Doom €35
Metro Redux Pack €12 (Separate €8)

no re4 on sale,

BAH!

oh well time to get re5 then.

definitely looks like a horror sale though.

I'll create a thread soonish

Top Bottom