• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever felt like you've heard certain music before?

Speevy

Banned
This sometimes happens to me, and I'll tell you what I mean. I'll play a game for a while and the music just starts sticking in my head, then I'll swear it's just a variation of some other game I can't put my finger on. If you play the game Final Fantasy VI and some of the Zelda games, you'll see that there are certain tunes in these games that sound remarkably similar. In fact, many RPG tunes sound that way. I don't mean the big, epic tracks but rather the transition stuff. Maybe from one gameplay scenario to the next, or from one emotion to the next. Though these findings aren't exact obviously, it is interesting what you can recall from previous games. Of course, it could be that playing hundreds and hundreds of games causes them all to run together.

Anyone experience this?

Speevy

Banned
davepoobond said:
there's only so many notes

Oh I know, and some tunes just fit multiple moods. I'm certainly not saying there's anything wrong with two pieces of game music that sound similar. There's certainly a great variety of game music too.

Top Bottom