• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Cyberpunk 2077 Quest Will Feel Like “A Complete Story In And Of Itself”; Cyberpsychosis Mechanic Detailed.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-quest-cyberpsychosis/#nnn

“We want to make sure that all of them are up to the standards of the main quest – that there’s nothing that feels like filler, just something to do while waiting for the next quest, or to get more money to buy the next thing. We don’t really like to do that. We want to make sure that every quest feels like a complete story in and of itself.”

There’s more choice to what we’ve just seen than is usually available in videogame quests: for instance, you could take DeShawn’s money and run at the very beginning, eschewing his mission but having to deal with the consequences later. You could make off with Stout’s eddies, too, although we presume you’d have to get the virus on the chip scrubbed off somewhere. “We don’t artificially limit ourselves,” Mills says. “Our philosophy for quest design is, ‘If the player can logically do it, then they can’. And if they can’t, then we have to come up with a damn good reason why.”

Cyberpunk 2020’s ‘cyberpsychosis’ mechanic, in which players who overly augment themselves with cyberware start to see a negative effect on their mental health, will form part of the game – though CD Projekt won’t go into details. As a quest designer, the Faustian bargain behind transhumanism is fascinating to Patrick Mills. “All the travails of the flesh fade away, and you become a perfect machine of chrome. But you had to buy those body parts from someone, and now you’re in debt to them; if you need parts, you’ve got to go to their store. You have this very utopian idea of being liberated by technology. And it’s like, not so fast – you haven’t solved the problems. The problems are still there, and technology actually makes them worse. ‘High tech, low life’ is one of Mike’s mottos.

Kreydo

I don't know, I'm hyped as everyone... But what we saw during the reveal was very scripted, the main character already got his own personality so the "Role playing" is very limited, followers like Jackie seems to be very impactful even if you can't stand this kind of character, you can't ditch him, can't order him etc
I also think refusing some quest or playing differently will just close you gate and barely open new interesting path.
Seem's you can't interact or kill most NPC, the game have no random NPC criminal system so if you start to drive over them or just shoot pedestrian what happen? It wasn't much an issue because you was playing someone in The Witcher III, but in Cyberpunk they pretend that you can RP so...
I hope we will have the open world freedom and RP possibility of a Fallout New Vegas, with the level of detail of CDproject, but I'm very doubtful about it.

For me showcasing the game like a generic move forward action/shooter game was a huge mistake, I would rather have 5 trailers of 4minutes explaining features and outcomes than 45min of scripted content.

Boss Mog

Man, I afraid that all the hype they're building for this game is gonna turn into disappointment when it launches. They should keep people's expectations in check. It's always better to have a game exceed expectations than to fall short of them.

Dunki

I don't know, I'm hyped as everyone... But what we saw during the reveal was very scripted, the main character already got his own personality so the "Role playing" is very limited, followers like Jackie seems to be very impactful even if you can't stand this kind of character, you can't ditch him, can't order him etc
I also think refusing some quest or playing differently will just close you gate and barely open new interesting path.
Seem's you can't interact or kill most NPC, the game have no random NPC criminal system so if you start to drive over them or just shoot pedestrian what happen? It wasn't much an issue because you was playing someone in The Witcher III, but in Cyberpunk they pretend that you can RP so...
I hope we will have the open world freedom and RP possibility of a Fallout New Vegas, with the level of detail of CDproject, but I'm very doubtful about it.

For me showcasing the game like a generic move forward action/shooter game was a huge mistake, I would rather have 5 trailers of 4minutes explaining features and outcomes than 45min of scripted content.
Actually that is not really true. For example in various dialogues and situations the moment you look at someone or maybe in some cases something you will have different way to react.

For example the scene at the end when ou were threaten with a gun your choices you have would have been different if you for example look at your partner, instead of the Enemy for example. It is very interesting to say at least. And I am sure depending on this you also change your characters personality and alliances etc.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
nwe3hfa.jpg

Top Bottom