• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution of PlayStation Startup | PS1 - PS5

The first one is the best.
It is the best, but there is one little detail that always bothered me:

39899663kn.png

The left side of the P not being a perfect straight line.

PS1 intro is still by far the best IMHO I also prefer the logo to have colours rather than the blandness it has now.

Wish the Ps5 had paid homage to that intro

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
“Start ups” is not what gaming is today it’s just so outdated can you even start a pc today without a login screen or instant boot up? That said I think start ups make consoles look good and gives them identity

OutRun88

These intro sounds are pretty damn memorable. Not sure if that’s a testament to their catchiness or the countless times I’ve heard them.

Soodanim

These intro sounds are pretty damn memorable. Not sure if that’s a testament to their catchiness or the countless times I’ve heard them.
PS1 in particular is a combination of both but stands out the most because of how unique it sounds. The others are representative of the evolution of the consoles and the times in their own ways but the OG won’t be beaten

Breakage

Really like the minimalism of the PS2's UI. Seeing it again just reminds me of the hours I used to spend on GTA3, Vice City, FFX and MGS2.

I have a soft spot for the PS3 intro. My first PlayStation console. Had so much fun playing weebshit on it! Ni no kuni, Ar nosurge, Steins Gate.

Top Bottom