• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable studio writer says, they 'cannot wait' to show fans what they've been working on

https://www.gamereactor.eu/fable-wr...how-fans-what-theyve-been-working-on-1244253/
There is hope that we could get a proper reveal sometime this year.

Despite being revealed in 2020, there hasn't been much news about the next Fable game, and we're still waiting for Playground Games to show us more than a brief teaser trailer.

Now, the lead writer for Fable, Anna Megill, has tweeted in celebration of her two-year anniversary at Playground, and said that she "cannot wait to show you all the wonderful stuff we've created."

Does this mean we should expect a Fable reveal anytime soon? Probably not, as it seems more that Megill seems to just be reminding us that work is being done on the game, but it's encouraging that we're getting messages like this.

There have been some expectations of a reveal at some point in this year, and previous news on Fable pointed to it being in a playable state, so it seems there's a lot more hope for the game than there has been in previous years.

We might actually see some screens or a trailer for Fable this year.

Moses85

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

There, there. I'm sure you'll get justification for your purchase soon enough.
Unlike some people (likely you too), I don't play games needing some "justification" of my purchase. I've played WAY more games on my Series X and Switch than my PS5 and I don't look at my PS5 as "needing justification" for my purchase. I know it's hard for some people to believe, but 3rd party games are the majority of high quality games, I don't enjoy a game any more or less for it being exclusive. You'll learn soon enough that adults play the video games they want to play and not focus on which "side" they're supporting

ProtoByte

Is this the part where we get super excited and amped about a game we haven't seen anything about in a long time, or does that only apply to Sony exclusives?
Does it only apply to studios underneath publisherw who have good track records of quality and hasn't been in apparent development hell for 6 years? Yes.

Nobody gets pissy when people look at Bioware with skepticism. Grow up.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Well I personally am excited. This game has me almost as excited as Hogwarts Legacy.

Yeah. The original Fable was such a pleasant surprise back in the day. Playground is a top-notch studio. I'd say the best Xbox has. Hopefully they're transitioning to RPG development better than rumors suggested and the recent departures didn't hurt too bad. If not, I'm pretty sure they'll knock it out of the park.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Honestly anyone playing Hogwarts is getting the best Fable game they never imagined they'd be playing lol

I dunno if it can compete, that team went above and beyond

Not to derail this thread, but Hogwarts Legacy's downside lies in replayability and lack of real choice. There is no New Game+, and you can't interact in the way you want to. I tried a play through as Slytherin, and I wanted to be a straight-up prat to any non-pure blood. Yeah, you can't actually do that. My character was saying "thank you" to people I wanted to piss off, and that really irritated me.

Choice, however, is an area where Fable has historically done very well with. Hopefully this iteration of Fable will continue that tradition.

Last edited:
Not to derail this thread, but Hogwarts Legacy's downside lies in replayability and lack of real choice. There is no New Game+, and you can't interact in the way you want to. I tried a play through as Slytherin, and I wanted to be a straight-up prat to any non-pure blood. Yeah, you can't actually do that. My character was saying "thank you" to people I wanted to piss off, and that really irritated me.

Yeah definitely not a perfect game, and Fable could improve on that in terms of choices.

But damn, way better than I ever expected on multiple areas of the game with tons of systems and structures to it all.

Honestly anyone playing Hogwarts is getting the best Fable game they never imagined they'd be playing lol

I dunno if it can compete, that team went above and beyond

Because of what? The theme? Even that's different.

Fable 2 and Fable 3 are trying to go much further than what Hogwarts is. Even with the false promises from Peter.

Hogwarts is it's own game.

Top Bottom