• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu’s most wanted games – July 7, 2019

Bullet Club

Famitsu’s most wanted games – July 7, 2019

RQQ89zm.jpg

It’s time for the latest Famitsu’s most wanted games chart. This week, Pokemon Sword/Shield remains at the top for Nintendo titles and Animal Crossing: New Horizons is back in the top five.

Head past the break for the full chart. All votes were cast between June 20 and June 26.

1. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 1,047 votes
2. [PS4] New Sakura Wars – 654 votes
3. [NSW] Pokemon Sword/Shield – 623 votes
4. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI S – 585 votes
5. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 477 votes
6. [PS4] Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – 459 votes
7. [PS4] Persona 5 Royal – 437 votes
8. [NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 427 votes
9. [PS4] Death Stranding – 352 votes
10. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 302 votes
11. [PS4] Code Vein – 252 votes
12. [PS4] Ys IX: Monstrum Nox – 215 votes
13. [NSW] Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 206 votes
14. [PS4] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2019 – 202 votes
15. [NSW] Ushiro – 196 votes
16. [PS4] Atelier Ryza – 194 votes
17. [PS4] Shenmue III – 192 votes
18. [NSW] Astral Chain – 162 votes
19. [PS4] SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays – 156 votes
20. [PS4] Azur Lane: Crosswave – 154 votes
21. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei V – 148 votes
22. [NSW] Rune Factory 5 – 140 votes
23. [PS4] Kill la Kill: IF – 120 votes
24. [PS4] 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim – 118 votes
25. [PS4] Ghosts of Tsushima – 104 votes
26. [NSW] Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 101 votes
27. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 94 votes
28. [PS4] Romancing SaGa 3 – 92 votes
29. [NSW] Atelier Ryza – 88 votes
30. [PS4] Oninaki – 82 votes

Source: Nintendo Everything

Paltheos

Wow, Sakura Wars is pretty popular going by that poll. Anybody know if those games usually sell that well (comparatively)?

ANIMAL1975

I love that there's no Last of Us 2! That must have seriously hurted Druckmann's massive ego. :D
I'm still awakening, literally drinking my coffee while i write this lines,... and i shit you not that i red you saying The Last Guardian, then i though lol why the Druckmann's joke, stayed a few seconds in that conflicting and only then... the light 😅

I'm astonished Famitsu has somewhat of a reputation and following left. Their review criteria often involves giving JPRGs 40/40 ratings and anything developed in Western territories will receive a much lower score.

VertigoOA

Banned
I'm astonished Famitsu has somewhat of a reputation and following left. Their review criteria often involves giving JPRGs 40/40 ratings and anything developed in Western territories will receive a much lower score.

Japanese buy horse simulators ...

It is what it is

Last edited:

It works the same way with Western media usually giving Western games higher ratings, numerous/countless awards and hype over Japanese games.

blackjon24

:messenger_tears_of_joy:Did they confuse ghost of tsushima for a japanese developed game or something

As someone who enjoys games from everywhere I'll never understand how a list can skew exclusively only on eastern or western games

Last edited:
It works the same way with Western media usually giving Western games higher ratings, numerous/countless awards and hype over Japanese games.

Doesn't work to the exact same standard. Respected Western publications aren't dishing out near perfect scores to every single game developed here. Fumitsu on the other hand often award JRPGs 37/38/39 and often 40/40. Just browse through their reviews and you'll see what I'm talking about.

ranmafan

Wow, Sakura Wars is pretty popular going by that poll. Anybody know if those games usually sell that well (comparatively)?

The Sakura Taisen games were big sellers for SEGA in Japan, and not only for games. It was a huge media franchise that included not only games, but anime, manga, live stage shows featuring the actual cast, popular music (some songs which are still used in some primetime Japanese tv shows today) it’s own store in Sega’s Ikebukuro arcade and so much more. And particular the first three games are considered some of the best, if not best, Saturn and Dreamcast games released in Japan by gamers and critics alike. The series has been well overdo for a new entry. I’m expecting it to do pretty well. Perhaps not as big as the good old Saturn days, but the hype is there, so anything is popular. I know I’m excited and can’t wait

MayauMiao

Not as astonish like Polygon that gave a walking simulator Gone Home a perfect 10.

Myths

CTRL F “Chrono Break”....0 results

Buddy....

OH OH... I thought it was a different kind of list 😒

Last edited:

Fbh

Didn't know Sakura wars was this popular.

Also surprised astral chain is so low. It looks cool, it's from platinum, has the whole anime look going for it and it's on Switch. But it's substantially under the crappy looking anime dark souls clone (code vein)

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Didn't know Sakura wars was this popular.

Also surprised astral chain is so low. It looks cool, it's from platinum, has the whole anime look going for it and it's on Switch. But it's substantially under the crappy looking anime dark souls clone (code vein)
It could end up like NieR Automata, it gets love after the release or end up like Wonderfull 101 and God Hand, it becomes classic for few people who played and enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fbh
Not as astonish like Polygon that gave a walking simulator Gone Home a perfect 10.

I'm not too familiar with Polygon material, but that appears to be a single reviewer who was enamored with a single game. Fumitsu throw out perfect scores like it's going out of style.

Top Bottom