• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1616 (13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim)

Bullet Club

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4) – 9/9/10/10 [38/40]
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS4) – 9/8/8/7 [32/40]
  • Guns of Mercy (Switch) – 8/8/7/8 [31/40]
  • Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate (PS4, Switch, PS Vita) – 6/6/6/6 [24/40]
  • SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays (PS4, Switch) – 8/8/8/7 [31/40]
  • Tokyo Dark: Remembrance (Switch) – 8/7/8/8 [31/40]
  • Your Toy (PS4, Switch) – 6/6/6/6 [24/40]
A big score for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

Vita is life...still.

Mista

Banned
Vita was never dead in Japan. Wished for it to be the same in the West but Sony had other ideas

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Comparison to other Vanillaware games:

Odin Sphere PS2 - 32/40
Muramasa - 32/40 (Vita), 34/40 (Wii)
Dragon's Crown - 34/40
Grand Knights History - 36/40
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir - 36/40
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - 38/40

Basically, the highest scoring Vanillaware game in Famitsu... And Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir was their best game already (in my experience).

mcz117chief

Comparison to other Vanillaware games:

Odin Sphere PS2 - 32/40
Muramasa - 32/40 (Vita), 34/40 (Wii)
Dragon's Crown - 34/40
Grand Knights History - 36/40
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir - 36/40
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - 38/40

Basically, the highest scoring Vanillaware game in Famitsu... And Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir was their best game already (in my experience).
No way is Lufthansa better than Dragon's Crown. Dragon's Crown is the best sidescroller ever made. The ultimate Golden Axe.

That said, I am very much looking forward to the Sentinels.

Last edited:

McCheese

"Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate"

Never change, Japan.

Last edited:

JohannCK

I've written a review for 13 Sentinels.

It's different enough from previous Vanillware games that I can totally see why fans might be upset that someone would score it higher than them, but having cleared it I can say with certainty that I would absolutely do so myself. It's really good. If you're fine with it being about the story and not being an action game about big robots punching each other, that is.

I would go as far as to say that I enjoyed it more than pretty much everything released in the past half year or so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom