• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fan Mod: Dark Souls Archthrones Demo Release announcement (March 15th)

Oh My God Wow GIF

Mr Hyde

Looks like they are infusing a lot of Demon's Souls into this mod. Archthrones (Archstone in DS) where you can freely go to each of the 5 different worlds in any order you want. Nexus of Embers as the main hub (it's just named Nexus in DS). Even the logo is straight up ripped from Demon's Souls. Interesting concept. I'm definitely down with this, Demon's is a great game to take influence from so I'm all for this direction.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Looks amazing! Cannot effin' wait to play the full mod. Also, the idea of borrowing the hub and separate worlds from Demon's Souls is fantastic.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Looks really cool, i will try it out.

A bit offtopic.
I only played through Dark Souls 3 back then and never tried the Dlcs. I no longer have the savegame. Can I start the Dlcs without having played through Dark Souls 3?

Bartski

Gold Member
Just watched a large chunk of gameplay. Incredible work, mechanics from other FROM games, enemy models and movesets pulled from BB, Sekiro... it's so good I'm tempted to triple dip DS3 on Steam just to play it... but it's full price now and the mod requires having all DLCs installed as well. I'm 100% in tho whenever I can get the full game cheap

DavidGzz

Just watched a large chunk of gameplay. Incredible work, mechanics from other FROM games, enemy models and movesets pulled from BB, Sekiro... it's so good I'm tempted to triple dip DS3 on Steam just to play it... but it's full price now and the mod requires having all DLCs installed as well. I'm 100% in tho whenever I can get the full game cheap

You've been missing out. There are already huge amazing mods. The Convergence and Cinders are also must plays. I'll get this one as soon as the full thing is available. I watched Lobos and Oroboro play it. Looks like the best one yet with the most amount of the world changed.

I found a reasonable price for a complete edition key on PlayAsia ($34 now):
https://www.play-asia.com/dark-souls-iii-deluxe-edition/13/70bzrp

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

This mod replaces the base game NG?

EDIT: It does. You have to uninstall in order to play the base game again.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

i never downloaded a souls mods, how these mods work ?
The particular mod seems to have an install exe file which will basically install the mod for you. It's a whooping 11GB beast. And that's just the demo! It doesn't seem to rely on DS3's Mod Engine, which is great because it doesn't work really well lately after an 2023 update.

Phase

Looks really cool, i will try it out.

A bit offtopic.
I only played through Dark Souls 3 back then and never tried the Dlcs. I no longer have the savegame. Can I start the Dlcs without having played through Dark Souls 3?
From a quick search: "There is an NPC at the Cleansing Chapel in the Cathedral of the Deep. He'll help you reach Ashes. The Ringed City can be accessed either after clearing the final Ashes boss or at a new bonfire right before the Lord of Cinder fight."

Last edited:

M1987

Get it from Cdkeys

Top Bottom