• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo season 2 has to be the epitome of TV entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, its's fucking amazing. And I haven't seen the last two episodes

I'm from Germany, so we get to see the episodes later than most of you guys ;) ( so sorry for being lttp)
And I always wait until the the season is released on DVD/ Blu-Ray. I can't stand waiting one week until the next episode, lol.

Anyways, Twin Peaks and Sopranos are the best TV shows ever made, imo. But Fargo seems to raise the bar for new TV shows. Especially season 2. I already loved season 1 but this is damn phenomenal. I can't describe it. It's the best thing I've ever watched on TV. Hell, cinema would be dead if all TV shows...well...maybe....
It's amazing how actors like Patrick Wilson (example) show how great they can act on televesion but only get small or dumb roles in movies like Conjuring.
Also, Nick Offerman...lol.

Fuck, Fargo is the best thing ever. Go watch it, now!

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I actually like the first season a little better over all. Season 2 as it aired was incredible, but it didn't pay off as nicely as I was hoping for. I think when I was at the point you were at, I was just blown away by all of it, but I came down a bit from there towards the end. It is easily one of the best shows on TV though.

I actually like the first season a little better over all. Season 2 as it aired was incredible, but it didn't pay off as nicely as I was hoping for. I think when I was at the point you were at, I was just blown away by all of it, but I came down a bit from there towards the end. It is easily one of the best shows on TV though.

Don't jinx it for me, lol.

Time Flashes

Neo Member
I really liked it too, much more than the first season which I think it was good but not as good as the general people say. I believe S2 was more focused on the characters than the surreal plot and that was the key.

I still have to watch the second season of Ture Detective but I heard that it's not as good as season 1. And that's what surprises me about Fargo season 2. It's way better than season 1 (imo of course). This is special, never thought it was possible.

jts

...hate me...
I prefer Season 1, but yeah, 2 is good too.

If you like it I recommend Peaky Blinders.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I prefer S2 way over S1. I also liked the "surprise" that pissed a lot of people off though, so maybe it's just me.

Thornton was a strong and great character in season 1, I agree. The second season has way more (interesting) characters though. You can't copy Thornton so this was the best approach, imo.

Stoze

Season 2 feels pretty disjointed and I wasn't a big fan of the ending, but it's still very entertaining overall.

I'm curious to see what season 3 is like, since at this point it's more of a Coen brothers' filmography homage rather than a series adaptation of Fargo.

Social

Actually, I loved season 1 but season 2 really dragged for me and I haven't finished it yet. Especially because my wife couldn't stop falling asleep.

Might try again.

There is only one flaw in season 2: Use the goddamn theme for the opening, lol (like in season 1). It's one of best soundtracks ever made. It's a shame :(

And I'm so looking forward to
Ewan Mc Gregor
in Season 3. I love him and he fits perfectly.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Both seasons of Fargo are great tv. The only thing i didnt really like about S2 is the attempt to link the two seasons together in the final episode.

Both seasons of Fargo are great tv. The only thing i didnt really like about S2 is the attempt to link the two seasons together in the final episode.

What they did to one character in particular was . . . silly, and kind of disrespectful.

I had difficulty with season 2 at the start, but it grew on me by the end. One of the biggest complaints with the show is something I found rather awesome--though I was also prepared for it.

What they did to one character in particular was . . . silly, and kind of disrespectful.

I had difficulty with season 2 at the start, but it grew on me by the end. One of the biggest complaints with the show is something I found rather awesome--though I was also prepared for it.

Now I'm curious, lol. Is it in the last two epsiodes? If yes, then don't write anything :p I'm watching the season with my wife so I have to wait until tomorrow evening for the final episodes.

I think Fargo is overrated but I don't mean that dismissively. It's a good show. I just think that people have gotten so used to series that are winging it without knowing if they'll get cancelled at the end of their season, or renewed ten more times... and now that some creators are becoming free of that constraint, American television seems to be embarking on an exciting new journey.

In other words I feel like this is just a taste of
better
things to come.

Enco

S1 was great from the start but S2 got better as it went on.

Hard to say which I prefer. Both brilliant but S1 probably more consistent.

maxcriden

Now I'm curious, lol. Is it in the last two epsiodes? If yes, then don't write anything :p I'm watching the season with my wife so I have to wait until tomorrow evening for the final episodes.

I think for some of us the last two eps held a couple of problematic points, one very clear when watching, one that's super subtle and most I think had to read online to find out about.

You may want to stop reading your thread in case you get spoiled from any who aren't reading your OP and will just comment without spoiler tag.

Fwiw, the season was still very good, S1 in retrospect I think was just better overall.

SURGEdude

It's pretty damn good but I agree with others on S1 being better. But that doesn't mean it isn't amazing.

As for The Leftovers I'm meaning to check out S2 despite thinking the first one was really bad. Everybody claims it's an improvement.

Revolver

It's pretty damn good but I agree with others on S1 being better. But that doesn't mean it isn't amazing.

As for The Leftovers I'm meaning to check out S2 despite thinking the first one was really bad. Everybody claims it's an improvement.

I thought S2 of The Leftovers was a step up. It took a little while for me to get used to the new location and characters but by the end it won me over and had some of my favorite episodes of any series ever. I'm a sucker for Justin Theroux and Carrie Coon though.

zero_suit

I thought S2 of The Leftovers was a step up. It took a little while for me to get used to the new location and characters but by the end it won me over and had some of my favorite episodes of any series ever. I'm a sucker for Justin Theroux and Carrie Coon though.

Glad to hear it. S1 is decent so far (on episode 8).

The epitome? No. But it's really good!

I prefer the first season, but quite enjoyed the second. The
UFO
parts hurt it for me, and the first season felt more cohesive/was more interesting story-wise.

Both stand out as being the cream of the crop, alongside Mr. Robot, in recent memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom