• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Distant Worlds 30th Anniversary – JIRITSU

MrBS

2017 is the 30th anniversary of FINAL FANTASY. This year, Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY presents a new series of orchestral concerts: FINAL FANTASY 30th Anniversary – JIRITSU. Starting this July in Australia and continuing in North America, Europe, Asia, including Tokyo and Osaka in December, this tour celebrates the 30th Anniversary of FINAL FANTASY and its music. This concert is not to be missed.
Official website

July 1 Sydney
September 16 Chicago
November 4 London
November 18 Lyon
December 2 Toronto
December 8 Osaka
December 9 & 10 Tokyo

Heads up the tickets for Sydney Australia are up for sale right now. Got mine woo!

Awesome! I wonder what new arrangements they'll have for this series.

I went to their performance in Newark a few weeks ago and it was fantastic. For those who can get to it and are thinking about it I highly recommend going.

Is this the one where they have a screen going behind them while they play? I went to one and loved it, but it was distracting behind.

$95 for Chicago....decisions, decisions...

Dalius

Nice! I saw this in Toronto last time it was here, and I'll definitely be going again. Hopefully Susan Calloway makes another appearance (although she isn't listed on the event page)

Welp, in case anyone else is going...I snagged tickets for Chicago on September 16th. 3:00 PM showing. I've been once before and really enjoyed it. Wish I didn't sit too long on this though. I would have loved to buy a VIP ticket to meet Uematsu and get a picture.

Nirran

Always wanted to go to one, and Chicago is only a 4 hour drive from where I live, so got my ticket for the 3:00PM showing! So looking forward to this even though it's so far away.

Strife91

I hope they come to Sweden eventually. I mean they did have the world premiere of Distant Worlds in Stockholm after all.

Wulfric

Count me in for Chicago at 8:00 PM. I love Final Fantasy, but the VIP tix are too much, so I bought a pair of $95 seats near the front. Uematsu usually sits on the end of a front center row, for anyone who's going to a concert where he attends.

Mknzy

I've been to all the shows they have done in St. Louis, hopefully this will eventually end up here again. I could drive up to Chicago, but it's just a long way for a single concert.

Went to Distant Worlds a few years ago, so I quickly snapped up tickets for the Sydney Show in July. It really is an incredible experience. When the prelude started and the choir comes in, I literally had hairs standing on end.

Wulfric

So what are ya'll hoping to hear at this year's concert series?

I'm hoping they add Somnus to the repertoire. They're making a big deal out of Apocalypsis Noctis being added to the setlist, but I hope they can make room for other songs from the XV soundtrack. Valse di Fantastica and Veiled In Black would be good additions.

Also hoping for the new Stormblood theme for FF XIV is performed. Even Dragonsong or Heavensward would be nice. They really seem to prefer Answers of all the vocal themes. >___>

SeanTSC

Hope it comes back to Seattle (or better yet, Portland, since that's closer) soon. It's such an incredible experience.

Jonnax

So no this page it says:
http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/30th-anniversary/

2017 is the 30th anniversary of FINAL FANTASY. This year, Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY presents a new series of orchestral concerts: FINAL FANTASY 30th Anniversary – JIRITSU. Starting this July in Australia and continuing in North America, Europe, Asia, including Tokyo and Osaka in December, this tour celebrates the 30th Anniversary of FINAL FANTASY and its music. This concert is not to be missed.

We’d like to decide some of the repertoire together. Sign up and vote for the music you want Distant Worlds to perform. We’ll be accepting votes up until February 28 at 11:59PM (in Japan).

Vote for the music you listen to that gets you excited, the music that makes you cry, the music you listen to over and over…

Please vote for your favorite FINAL FANTASY music and then come hear it live in concert!

I couldn't finding the voting site. Anyone know what got voted up?

Kuraudo

Banned
Got tickets for London. Five years to the day since I saw it in Edinburgh. Very excited to see what FFXV stuff is there. Apocalyptis Noctis seems pretty much a given.

Vhalyar

Bumping this up because I might be in Tokyo in December and so is be down for grabbing a ticket.

Surprisingly they are not available yet, but the L.A. ones already are. The London and Lyon tickets sold insanely fast so I really would like NOT to miss these.

MrBS

It was a good night, some nice new arrangements. The highlight for me would be be
Instrumental version of Somnus with Arnie Roth playing the violin himself

This is the the third distant worlds event I've been to and one particular song is starting to grate.
Yet again the 'surprise' encore is One Winged Angel. I get it's a fan favourite but fuck, let someone else end the show!

There were no guest performances in the show which seems odd compared to the 25th anniversary event, maybe they'll pick up in the later shows.

Arnie Roth does a great job, until next time!

Top Bottom