• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Service Accounts: Linking/Unlinking Accounts

I was hoping some of you could help answer my question regarding my Square Enix service account. How do I unlink my service account from my PS3?

When I downloaded the FFXIV Beta on PS4, I was prompted to unlink my service account from PS3. However, when I log into the Square Enix Account Management System, I cannot find where I can unlink my account. I don't feel that there is an option available.

I tried to contact SE support, but could only get a FAQ page. This was the link:

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1&daxx=1

But this link is for users who have registered the game to a service account on the WRONG square enix id. I did not do that which leads me to ask, how will my account transfer? I couldn't even log into the FFXIV beta?

Further, if there is a product id associated with my PS3 purchase of the game to prove I bought FFXIV on PS3, I would not have it because I downloaded the game and I have since traded my PS3 at Gamestop for a PS4.

Can anyone explain to me how the account transfer will work, and what I need to do to start the transfer of my account? How about just general advice about I should be doing this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Top Bottom