• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Open Beta Announced for Xbox (Full Release on Spring 2024)

Draugoth

Gold Member

Chocobo_VW_Hero_Shot-5aeb389826e47403a5ac.jpg

Summary

• Critically Acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV Online is officially coming to Xbox Series X|S in Spring 2024.
  • Boasting 4K support on Xbox Series X and faster loading times on both consoles, with an open beta coming soon.
  • Duty Support system allows single-player fans to enjoy the story at their own pace.

When can I play it…and what have I heard about a Free Trial?

Final Fantasy XIV Online is set to launch in open beta on Xbox Series X|S as part of the Patch 6.5x series, which means you can expect it very soon indeed! Alongside 4K support on Xbox Series X, both consoles will enjoy fast loading times, making sure your time in Eorzea looks and plays great.

Final Fantasy 14 Online Screenshot

Additionally, you may have seen some copypasta lurking around the internet pertaining to a certain free trial… well, rest assured, the Final Fantasy XIV Online Expanded Free Trial will indeed be coming to Xbox Series X|S, meaning you too will be able to enjoy the entirety of A Realm Reborn as well as the award-winning Heavensward and Stormblood expansions up to level 70 with no restrictions on playtime!

Last edited:

M.W.

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIV for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIV for XSX or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Kurotri

I wonder...can I just login on Xbox and continue playing with what I have or would it ask me to create a new character instead?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Neofire

Microsoft finally got around to sending out that check lol. I'm curious though will those who play of Xbox have to pay for Xbox live and the ff14 subscription?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIV for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIV for XSX or you can kiss your business goodbye.
never gets old. I hear his voice in my head, like a nice wine in my mouth.

Dread Burner

Neo Member
I wonder...can I just login on Xbox and continue playing with what I have or would it ask me to create a new character instead?
basically, you need a platform license on your SE account to play the game on each platform. I have the license for PS4 and PC so I can log into the game on either platform and use the same character/account. That means i bought the game twice but keep in mind that you only pay for one sub

If you knew that last part then nice, if not, you know it now

Last edited:

RCU005

I've read this sentence several times word for word. Where does it originate from? Is this some kind of meme? I think I've only seen it in things related to Xbox.

I've read this sentence several times word for word. Where does it originate from? Is this some kind of meme? I think I've only seen it in things related to Xbox.
I think it became a meme after FFXIII was announced to be multiplatform, coming to 360. It came from a forum post from a member here back then.
I could be completely wrong though.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Ar¢tos

Quality! Cant wait to play this shit on xbox! At last square have stopped being cunts for once

Have they said if you can transfer your character from ps to xbox at all?
It's a MMORPG, everything is server stored.
If now you can play the same character on PC and Playstation, no reason for it to change with Xbox, at least with the final game, the beta might use test servers.

Freeman76

It's a MMORPG, everything is server stored.
If now you can play the same character on PC and Playstation, no reason for it to change with Xbox, at least with the final game, the beta might use test servers.
Thats what I was hoping! I cant imagine starting again, I'm up to Shadowbringers lol.

Flyinmunky

Good for the games overall health and of course great for any Xbox owner who couldn't play on PC/PS but wanted to. Plus with the massive free trial i can see a lot of people trying it.
Playing the game for the first time, on a fresh server with a group of friends and new sprouts, they should have a great time.
I recently un-subbed before latest patch. Might return in 7.0 if story looks interesting.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Top Bottom