• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 12 (DS) Fan Translation |OT| Like Shadow Dragon, but good

Chrom

I'm playing through Shadow Dragon right now, and I just arrived at chapter 15. Does the plot actually ever expands or the characters go anywhere? Shadow Dragon feels so bareboned compared to the other FE. I am having a difficult time actually completing the game.

That's Shadow Dragon for you.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
One of the biggest annoyances in this game is the game practically requires you to carry not one, not two, but four characters to the final battle if you wish to save everyone. Granted, all of them are generally good to great characters if you train them, but if you happen to use everyone else but them, expect to facepalm really hard on the final map of the game (especially considering the enemies there holy shit)

For those of you who want to have less headache on the final battle, don't forget to train
Merric, Julian, Minerva, and Sirius
. The first is rather alright even if you don't train him since he can still use a very strong magic strong against a specific type of enemy inhabiting the final map, but the other three would suffer if you don't train them at least a little.

Socreges

Banned
Agreed that Hard mode isn't all that difficult (for vets) outside of surprise reinforcements. And the game does do a decent job of warning you.

Socreges

Banned
Chapter 5:

Can I attack the Bishop with a Psychic?
I don't want to provoke Jeorge, but I do want that Psychic...

Chrom

Chapter 5:

You can only get the Physic if you're playing on Lunatic. If you are, Jeorge moves and will try to attack when you're either in his range or in the range of the other Snipers. You have to provoke the group if you want the Physic.

Socreges

Banned
Good to know, thanks.

Playing on Hard so I'll just mosey on by.

Figuring out how to catch the thief with the master scroll that was running to sack the village was pretty cool. Really loving this chapter. Great design.

Chapter 5:

Back in the SFC version how you did this was
attack and kill the bishop on the turn you sieze the throne. No enemy phase for Jeorge to attack you in. Also the SFC version had a pathetic boss who struggled to kill clerics in 3 turns.

Socreges

Banned
Back in the SFC version how you did this was
attack and kill the bishop on the turn you sieze the throne. No enemy phase for Jeorge to attack you in. Also the SFC version had a pathetic boss who struggled to kill clerics in 3 turns.
Interesting. Would Jeorge still be recruitable afterwards?

Any tips for chapter 16 on hard? I've hit a brick wall.

The reinforcements with Killer weapons destroy me
time and time again... :(

EDIT: Opps, never mind. Looks like I was playing on
Maniac. How silly of me.

I'll just start the game from the beginning. (playing the
Japanese retail release, so no save states or anything)

Codeblue

89EFnG6.png

I just beat this and wanted to say that the translation team did a phenomenal job and allowed me to move onto Awakening knowing the other half of Marth's story. Huge thanks to them.

Maniac was a wild ride. It was tough at first, then my team turned into gods at promotion, then the end of the game ramped the difficulty way up moreso than other FE games. I was doing some pretty crazy stuff with dancers and staffs towards the end of the game, getting really creative to recruit people or even just reach the goal with everyone alive. I'll go back for a lunatic run sooner or later.

By the end I was totally out of special items and made it by with no deaths and everyone recruited. It felt almost perfectly balanced, encouraged creative play with all those special items and non-traditional classes, but didn't give you too much so that you could abuse the mechanics. Leaps and bounds better than Shadow Dragon and on par with the quality we're used to (character art aside). Fantastic game.

On to Awakening.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Thanks OP for the heads up this translation :)

Exactly how many Fire Emblem games are there for the Nintendo DS(not 3DS)? And would you say this game is better than FE7 for the GBA?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
DS had Shadow Dragon (localized, remake of FE1) and New Mystery of the Emblem (this game, remake of FE3). Only the two remakes, no original games.

I imported the game but I haven't gotten around to playing it. Seems like the consensus is that it's one of the better games in the series. Big turnaround from Shadow Dragon.

Macka

I have a Fire Emblem itch that needs to be scratched after the Echoes reveal, so I think it's time I finally get around to playing this. I've been subscribed to this thread for years, just waiting for the right time to try it out.

Figured the necro-bump wouldn't be a bad idea as other people will probably be interested in doing the same, and this fan translation should get some more exposure anyway.

Top Bottom