• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Leo. Hard or Not ?

StrikerObi said:
ProTip: Fire Leo is a pussy, you suck at games.

real ProTip: Tap the Slow power on as the skulls pop up when he is spinning so you have time to read them and react.

What the FUCK? Fire Leo is frustrating to the max. First you have to kill all the other annoying SOBs to get to him. Then you have 3 goes at most before you get your ass handed back to you on a plate and have to start all over again. Just thinking about the number of times he pussy whacked me is enough to cause me to roll up into a foetal position.

ge-man

He's very beatable. VJ is all about mastering boss patterns--you do that and you can complete ANY challenge level.

Check out some of the faqs on VJ, most have pretty good descriptions of the boss patterns.

if you have to get a faq/guide to beat a game/get the most out of it, then you probably shouldn't be playing it. VJ is great for its oldschool hardcoreness. Games like the FF series (where you willl need a guide to get it all) are gay too. Faqs are bad

HAHA...better get use to combat with Fire Leo. Cause after you beat him in that boss stage...the next stage features an alteration of him as a standard 'run of the mill' character. Sometimes pitting you against two of them at the same time...along with osbtascles.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Fire Leo was a piece a cake once you figured out how to beat him. Hell, I even beat him without using that technique. I just ran into him, used the zoom+slow uppercut and punched him like mad. :D

Grubdog

Banned
I barely beat him on kids mode and i'm having a lot of trouble beating him on adults mode. I hate that shark too, and I hate having to fight that annoying shark before Fire Leo every single time. Ugh, the magnificent five is easily the hardest level in the game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It was hard at first cause I didn't know how to hurt him. Took me a while that you had to mach speed and punch the rocks, then hit him

After you find out how to hurt him, he's really not that hard

Mister Zimbu said:
Wow. You DO suck at games.

no i don't. FF is one of the worst game series out there. Squaresoft used to have hidden eggs. Then they chucked in lots of rubbish that you can't find unless you used a guide. Lost my interest there. FFX imo was turd.

Back on topic.

I figured out the mach speed business but Leo's still hard as nails.. its the process of surviving and whittling his life down that makes that level so hard (plus the other 4 painful bosses). If Capcom had slapped a savepoint after the 4 bosses. Leo's stage wouldn't be as bad/painful.

LakeEarth

I faced him a couple of times and couldn't figure him out, and I never played Viewtiful again. Like HELL I'll go through the 5 bosses AGAIN!

TheGreenGiant said:
no i don't. FF is one of the worst game series out there. Squaresoft used to have hidden eggs. Then they chucked in lots of rubbish that you can't find unless you used a guide. Lost my interest there. FFX imo was turd.

Back on topic.

I figured out the mach speed business but Leo's still hard as nails.. its the process of surviving and whittling his life down that makes that level so hard (plus the other 4 painful bosses). If Capcom had slapped a savepoint after the 4 bosses. Leo's stage wouldn't be as bad/painful.

I've got the Japanese version, and even if you lose all your lives and get a Game Over you still start right back at Fire Leo after you select continue. Though, if you get a game over and quit then when you start back up it's back to the start of The Magnificent Five.

LakeEarth said:
I faced him a couple of times and couldn't figure him out, and I never played Viewtiful again. Like HELL I'll go through the 5 bosses AGAIN!

But they're all so easy. With the possible exception of Another Joe I can beat most of them with taking almost no damage.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
LakeEarth said:

I love the game but I did exactly the same thing. It's a shame, but then, I don't have time to mess around with all of that a whole slew of times.

StrikerObi said:
But they're all so easy. With the possible exception of Another Joe I can beat most of them with taking almost no damage.

I see why you don't get as fussed now fighting Leo. The US version kicks you back to Batboy even if you continue. Grrargh! You can just start up and fight him. :| Its incredibly frustrating as DAN and LAKEEARTH have mentioned to have to fight all 4 other bosses again just to get to Leo.

umm. most of the bosses are kind of easy, I agree. Just takes ages to kill them. I must say sharkface is dirt cheap sometimes. Because you're so bent on saving your 1ups to face LEO.. I've hate that cheap bastard. he gets you in a jaw bite.. and no kidding. 14+ hearts gone and once he cleared my entire life bar in one bite. I turned off my console once in disgust and I believe the other time I just sat there and I nearly screamed. No amount of button mashing stopped that bite.

ge-man

TheGreenGiant--You don't button mash to get out of his bit. Rotate the control stick as furiously as you can and you'll only loss a heart.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I considered the last stage and especially the last boss to be WAY more frustrating than those 5 bosses in a row.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TheGreenGiant said:
I see why you don't get as fussed now fighting Leo. The US version kicks you back to Batboy even if you continue. Grrargh! You can just start up and fight him. :| Its incredibly frustrating as DAN and LAKEEARTH have mentioned to have to fight all 4 other bosses again just to get to Leo..

Eh, I have the U.S. version and when you lose all your lives on Fire Leo and select continue, it continues from the beginning of the Fire Leo fight...

:eek: iNSANITY EFFECT?

I believe you are right. My bad. Leo pisses me off to the point of insanity. I am that close to not playing VJ again except for the fact that machismo is my thing.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I remember fire leo being fairly easy once you figure him out but ass long. I recall I usually died from getting bored and doing somethign stupid to try and speed the process up.

Top Bottom