• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First details about Stranger Things 2 from Entertainment Weekly (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollan

yDH4vMW.jpg
Lol

TheOddOne

- EW: Finding Dory director to helm 2 episodes of Stranger Things 2.
The world of Stranger Things is getting a dose of Pixar next season: EW has learned exclusively that Andrew Stanton, director of hits Finding Dory and Finding Nemo, will tackle two episodes of Stranger Things 2.

Turns out, Stanton was just as big a fan of the series as the rest of the world. Explains executive producer Shawn Levy (Arrival), “Andrew called me out of the blue and said, ‘I love it. I would be honored to be part of it.'” Stanton will tackle episodes 5 and 6 of the new season.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So I wasn't imagining things that the brief scene in the trailer with the Government facility looked like it was inspired by Aliens.

Obviously I'm super on board. Loved the first season, second season looks very promising, watched the first season with two friends and we all plan to watch the second season together too.

Everyone's going to focus on the big Lovecraftian monster (and with good reason), but I think they purposely selected some shots to give vague hints at what the season may deal with. There were a number of references.

The two easier to miss things is that there's a direct call to Aliens (so I'm guessing we're getting some US forces going to Upside Down to try and exterminate it ala Aliens style), and there's a quick cutaway of someone striking down at the ground with a shovel that does call back that gives off some certain vibes.

Outside of the Lovecraftian angle I'm guessing we're also getting certain Aliens & Hick Horror stuff going on, but this is of course guessing from very brief shots. But they definitely showed a flamethrower with the US government peeps and something that directly called to southern horror.

I'm excited.

Prompto

Banned
Cool that they got Stanton to direct some episodes.

Do we know how many episodes are in season 2 yet? Is it going to be 8 like last time?

Solo

Cool that they got Stanton to direct some episodes.

Do we know how many episodes are in season 2 yet? Is it going to be 8 like last time?

We believe it's 9 based on the S2 announcement teaser (which also has the titles of each episode....maybe).

Can anyone read the name tag on Mike's Ghostbusters outfit?

I think it's interesting that Lucas has Venkman, Dustin has Stantz, and Will has Spengler.

I would assume that means that Mike would have Zeddmore, and if that's the case, I love that they didn't just walk right into the obvious roles there.

Solo

Wikipedia has directors attached to all episodes.

In S1, the Duffers directed 6 episodes and Shawn Levy directed Ep. 3 and Ep. 4.

For S2, the Duffers are directing 3 episodes, Levy is directing 2, Stanton is directing 2, and Rebecca Thomas (? - I don't know her) is doing 1. They don't have a director assigned to the finale, but obviously that'll be the Duffers, so they have 4 episodes in S2.

Tobor

I had no idea it was even in question that Barb may be alive. She was obviously dead. Hopefully they dice her corpse into little pieces in Season 2 to end the debate.

Tobor

Pretty sure the Barb stuff is 100% tongue-in-cheek. She's the Boba Fett of Stranger Things.

I would have thought so but my Sister and Brother in Law argued with me about a week or so ago.

They were insisting it was supposed to be a mystery. What mystery? They walked over her corpse to get to Will.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Seriously. I have never said more honest words in my life. Stranger Things is absolutely adorable, and it shows how TV can still be magical. It's not a perfect show by any means, but then again, which one is? There is no such thing. Stranger Things created its own world and characters, and brought them to life with such love.

I can't wait for Stranger Things 2.

-griffy-

Banned
I would have thought so but my Sister and Brother in Law argued with me about a week or so ago.

They were insisting it was supposed to be a mystery. What mystery? They walked over her corpse to get to Will.

I'm 90% sure this is people who literally missed Barb's body because their TV's have crap picture settings and they can't see crap during dark scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom