• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official pics of Krillin and Piccolo in Dragon Ball FighterZ

Will there be alternate costumes? If so I want.

piccolo_promo-unseen.jpg

Based on the animation style, alt costumes would be extremely laborious and that's why they didn't bother with Xrd

_Ryo_

Yeah, maybe it's the fact we've gotten used to Xrd or something else is.. different? But I actually find Xrd visually more impressive.

Looking at screen shots and the reveal trailer of Xrd, it still looks 100% 2D to me. Maybe it's a kind of placebo ? I dunno. All I know that I can immediately tell that FighterZ is not 2D and it is very, very hard for me to tell that xrD is 3D. Maybe they're doing something different.

BossRush

Looking at screen shots and the reveal trailer of Xrd, it still looks 100% 2D to me. Maybe it's a kind of placebo ? I dunno. All I know that I can immediately tell that FighterZ is not 2D and it is very, very hard for me to tell that xrD is 3D. Maybe they're doing something different.

Well the Xrd models are intended to emulate the old Guilty gear sprites, but there's no sprites for the fighterz models to emulate, so you can easily tell it's not 2D.

Yeah, maybe it's the fact we've gotten used to Xrd or something else is.. different? But I actually find Xrd visually more impressive.
It's pretty clear that the lighting and manual shading here isn't as impressive as it was in Xrd. Could be a number of things, neither of them are mutually exclusive from one another. Budget, staff manpower on other projects, the move to UE4, etc.

This is subject to change but I've settled on a trunks/gohan/piccolo team. Still waiting on the crazier reveals since they've been pretty safe so far.

FiggyCal

Banned
I love Piccollo, but I play on pad and charge characters can be a bitch.

Edit: Hoping my boy Tien Shinhan gets in here soon.

FiggyCal

Banned
Yes?

Where does it say he's a charge character? Sounds like he can just do stronger attacks with holding down the button, not charge back->forward stuff.

Piccolo is considered to be one of the most technical characters with his expandable arm to grab his opponents. He has various ways to break the opponent's guard and he can also fire fast and powerful beams. Players can charge up for a stronger attack by long-pressing the button.

I maybe misused the term and I hope I'm wrong, but "long-pressing the button" sounds like how Juri played in SF4. I always found it difficult to charge/store a fireball while other things are going on with the inputs.

Edit: Well I definitely misused the term, but that's what I meant. The "charge back->forward stuff" isn't a problem for me at all and i would be totally cool if he played like that. Its the storing an attack I have a problem with.

LordKasual

Banned
dfpavsavoaaheky0lqtz.jpg

Jesus...the models are amazing, but the level of detail they put into the attacks themselves are just as amazing.

The energy blasts, auras, smoke effects, everything is given the detail of a sprite-based VFX, except in 3D

it's fucking glorious

Top Bottom