• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First photo of Sam Bankman-Fried(Crypto FTX scam) in jail at MDC Brooklyn.

Spyxos

Gold Member
GGvyFtcbMAAzi7m

Disgraced FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried looks a lot scruffier in prison, according to a photo obtained by crypto influencer Tiffany Fong.

Fong said she got the photo from a man called G Lock, a former gang member who was in prison with Bankman-Fried.

"According to G Lock, these photos were taken on December 17, 2023, because apparently inmates are only allowed to take photos on Christmas and Father's Day," Fong said in a video post on X on Monday.

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I suppose that, in the end, there's no such thing as "easy money".

Sooner or later, you're either going to get caught and do jail time, or, loose everything in the blink if an eye.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Haha I grew up on a little HBO show called “Oz” and I can easily say that, judging from the picture, this dude is so fucked.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

The only reason he's in prison is because he also stole from rich fucks, if he only stole the pensions and savings of poor people like the Wall Street scum did he'd be fine
This. Fuck around with the poor all you want, but don’t touch rich people money.

Chittagong

Gold Member
It's incredible to think of the enormity of the contrast from going from a Bahamas polyamorous penthouse to standing there, with the knowledge that you might spend your next decades within those walls, with those cargo shorts and sneakers.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
He'll get out of jail and then be rich off of speaking engagements and money he hid away.

He's in jail...but he did manage to make Tom Brady, Steph Curry, Matt Damon, bunch of other celebs and their "sophisticated" agents look like con artists/bufoons to the national audience (that certainly bought in at the time as well). When you have those type of people involved, doing super bowl commercials advertising your exchange, it makes SBF look like a genius/greatest con artist of all time. It also makes me wonder what can top the last crypto bubble.

Last edited:
That's the face of someone who still has the private key for a billion or so in a private crypto wallet hidden away somewhere.

Facism

Im certain this is the name of some character in a PS2 game, but i cannot remember which one...

Maybe thinking of OG Loc in San Andreas? He also just got out of prison in that game.

Why do I even remember this useless information

Bojji

I suppose that, in the end, there's no such thing as "easy money".

Sooner or later, you're either going to get caught and do jail time, or, loose everything in the blink if an eye.

This was interesting time for "small people" like me:

I bought RTX 3070 for 3000PLN - played games and mined on it for few months, got around ~5000PLN selling ETH, then just before crypto crash sold GPU for 6000PLN.

I doubt anything like that will happen again, best GPU I have ever owned LOL.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
All hair cutters in the world should bless the stars the world isnt full of Sam Bankmans. If it was, theyd all go bankrupt. Never seen a business guy consistently look like a slob.

BouncyFrag

He's in jail...but he did manage to make Tom Brady, Steph Curry, Matt Damon, bunch of other celebs and their "sophisticated" agents look like con artists/bufoons to the national audience (that certainly bought in at the time as well). When you have those type of people involved, doing super bowl commercials advertising your exchange, it makes SBF look like a genius/greatest con artist of all time. It also makes me wonder what can top the last crypto bubble.
Tony Blair sending SBF the stink eye. 🤣
FhYhlqQXkAQyNVD.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont think the typical celeb cares about details, accuracy or ethics. Especially with something like crypto which is a techie wild west kind of product. As long as the payout is big and they do as few words in the TV ad they are happy.

Look how many pro atheletes promote sports gambling sites knowing full well most people will lose money and kids are watching the telecast.

Top Bottom