• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Pictures of Test Drive Unlimited PS2 + PSP

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
features wise, whats the difference between the 360/ps2/psp versions?
any news on a ps3 or pc version?

hadareud

The Translator
I couldn't play last gen games anymore. It looks decent, but I can't go back.

Not that I have played this game on 360 yet.

ram

ps2 factsheet:

GAME FEATURES:

* Packed with unique innovations: 1500km2 of painstakingly rendered Hawaiian island, 1600km of diverse open roads, Test Drive Unlimited for PS2 delivers a fully streaming racing experience with no loading times;
* A wealth of licensed cars from 30+ exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
* Ultra Realistic cars : Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details;
* Personalization: Upgrade each car with options from the actual manufacturers’ catalogue. Players buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade cars with aftermarket parts;
* Create challenges or races from more than 30 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community;
* ‘Quick Race’ instant-play mode allowing busy players to generate a limitless number of challenges (exclusive to PSP and PlayStation®2 versions)
* Master Points system – earn points for racing, driving, air time, drifting, or winning races, then use the points to unlock new races and progress through the game.

ONLINE FEATURES:
Connecting gamers across the globe via the internet: online infrastructure gives players the opportunity to race against any of thousands of other players from around the world
Fully featured: players can take part in events and challenges, visit car dealers and car parts stores, then meet and race with other players online.

psp factsheet:

AME FEATURES:

* Packed with unique innovations: 1500km2 of painstakingly rendered Hawaiian island, 1600km of diverse open roads, Test Drive Unlimited for PSP delivers a fully streaming racing experience with no loading times;
* A wealth of licensed cars from 30+ exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
* Personalization: Upgrade each car with options from the actual manufacturers’ catalogue. Players buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade cars with aftermarket parts;
* Create challenges or races from more than 30 game rules and settings;
* ‘Quick Race’ instant-play mode allowing busy players to generate a limitless number of challenges (exclusively to PSP and PlayStation®2 versions);
* Master Points system – earn points for racing, driving, air time, drifting, winning races, then use them to unlock new races and challenges.

ONLINE FEATURES: CONNECTING GAMERS ACROSS THE GLOBE

* Connecting gamers across the globe via the internet: online infrastructure gives players access via any WiFi spot to race against any of thousands of other players from around the world;
* Connecting gamers in the same location via WiFi: Wireless Direct Multiplayer system allows up to 4 players to compete in adhoc competitions via direct WiFi connection;
* Fully featured: players can take part in events and challenges, visit car dealers and car parts stores, then meet and race with other online players.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
ram said:
psp factsheet:

ONLINE FEATURES: CONNECTING GAMERS ACROSS THE GLOBE

* Connecting gamers across the globe via the internet: online infrastructure gives players access via any WiFi spot to race against any of thousands of other players from around the world;
thank god. :)

Kolgar

I said wow. The PS2 game actually looks worthwhile. Good, even!

I adore the 360 game and it's good to see the fun coming to my last-gen brethren!

Great. I'm definitely picking this up. I came so close to buying one of the many 360 bundles online that came with this game. Now I can save myself the trouble and just get the PS2 version. Doesn't look bad either.

ram

differences between ps2 and xbox360 version

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/746/746711p1.html

best part:

But not to worry -- we've made up for those omissions with some amazing new features! The PS2 version is using Melbourne House's highly specialized "Racing Engine" for car handling, the same engine that grew up through DethKarz, GP500, LeMans and Grand Prix Challenge. The cars have all been hand-tuned for PS2 and they have definite personalities - from the heavy US muscle cars to the nimble Lotus, or the insane acceleration and wheelspin of the Supercars. TDU PS2 will suit both newcomers and hard-core racers, and everyone will have their own favorite car that handles just the way they like.

whoot - the game will finally have some decent handling!!!

Top Bottom