• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fishkeeper: Building the Best Aquarium Gameplay

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

You THOUGHT you had seen every kind of simulation game, from beekeeping to farming. But check out this developer-narrated walkthrough of Fishkeeper, a home aquarium sim that's like a sim mixed with Tamagotchi, since you have to care for the virtual fish. Fishkeeper will be released in late 2021 on PC.

bender

What time is it?
I AM SO IN

758362.jpg

ZAfmHVY.gif

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
What? This sounds awesome. I have great memories of playing Seaman.

Inviusx

As someone that has been keeping fish almost my entire life, that looked fucking garbage. Literally everything about that marine tank was the opposite of how an actual marine tank works.

They call it a simulation yet you don't even add filtration to the tank? And who the hell adds an airstone to a marine tank?

Absolute trash.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
As someone that has been keeping fish almost my entire life, that looked fucking garbage. Literally everything about that marine tank was the opposite of how an actual marine tank works.

They call it a simulation yet you don't even add filtration to the tank? And who the hell adds an airstone to a marine tank?

Absolute trash.
Yeah, I went and watched the trailer and, man, my excitement for something like Seaman is now gone. How is it at all tamagotchi?

Inviusx

Yeah, I went and watched the trailer and, man, my excitement for something like Seaman is now gone. How is it at all tamagotchi?

It doesn't look like a simulation at all, you literally just have a glass box with water in it and just chuck in any old shit you want. That's not how keeping fish works.

Also the thumbnail for the video makes me cringe, marine fish in a tank with freshwater plants? Miss me with that shit.

I assume this is how farmers feel when they see gameplay of Farming Simulator.

raduque

i'd buy and play this. I have had real aquariums for years, but I had to get rid of mine during my last move, and I don't feel like buying another one. They're also a lot of work.

Top Bottom