• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flying Wild Hogs Shadow Warrior, New game in the works?

It's been a while since this games social has been active and yesterday it seems to have made a tweet. community are thinking this is DLC but with the game being a 2016 release I find that hard to believe that they'll be putting out new DLC this late into the games life.

The 2nd game was a mixed bag for some folks and got some flak for adding RPG elements. But in my eyes it still felt pretty good in combat and just with the visuals making this game look real nice while retaining a stable framerate.

Anyone looking forward to seeing a new Shadow Warrior title?

Holammer

Hope it's a new Shadow Warrior without the co-op multiplayer crap tacked on. But I wouldn't say no to an entirely new IP either.
Checked the wiki page and it seems they got acquired pretty recently (march 2019) by ex-Splash Damage folks.

It's been a while since this games social has been active and yesterday it seems to have made a tweet. community are thinking this is DLC but with the game being a 2016 release I find that hard to believe that they'll be putting out new DLC this late into the games life.

The 2nd game was a mixed bag for some folks and got some flak for adding RPG elements. But in my eyes it still felt pretty good in combat and just with the visuals making this game look real nice while retaining a stable framerate.

Anyone looking forward to seeing a new Shadow Warrior title?
What did people see wrong about RPG elements? More replayability is a bad thing to some people?

Helios

What did people see wrong about RPG elements? More replayability is a bad thing to some people?
That's quite a reductive way of looking at it. RPG elements in FPS can be quite polarizing, especially if they're not implemented correctly. You have this super mega death reaper cannon 3000 that just dropped with this amazing animation and sound effects but oops, it actually rolled trash stats which means it now feels like you're using a peashooter. Same goes with enemies. This random shmuck that you killed a million times now has 13 modifiers. So now he has 300% resistances against your weapons. Let's spend 5 min trying to kill him. Obviously I'm over-exaggerating but it can feel awful.
SW2 also had in my opinion a problem with mods( I think that's what they were called, the things that you inserted into your weapons), being mostly boring ass shit.
Random levels also means less quality in level design, which is important for an FPS. Especially one that calls itself Shadow Warrior.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fbh

Fbh

Would definitely like to see more Shadow Warrior but yeah, I much prefer the style of 1.

A third entry with the gameplay improvements and weapon variety of 2 but the more linear and hand crafted level design of 1 would be awesome.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
1 was pretty fun. But 2 felt like a chore to finish and i can't even really remember much about it at all aside from I remember the ending sucking.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I only played 1 and I really did not liked it... it just dragged and was very not funny.
I liked direction of Hard Reset much more but could not even finish it.

Last edited:

Stevonidas

Looks like we are finally getting some news for a new Shadow Warrior game

200.gif

GymWolf

I absolutely loved shadow warrior 2 so i'm in for a sequel.

I liked the second one more, the shooting and movements were such an upgrade and i liked all the different weapons, the rpg aspect and the gore.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
First one is really good and still worth playing, just don't play it on harder difficulties as regular weapons turn into peashooters and you have to use the sword for everything.

I always kinda wanted to try it just never got around to it. I wouldn't mind just using the sword tho lol.

GrayFoxPL

I'd like to have original Build Engine Shadow Warrior on PS4.

Never gonna happen since ppl screaming "rasist" everywhere.

Top Bottom