• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Following Kingdom: Ashin of the North, New Special Episode "Crown Prince" in the Works Before Third Season

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
nRhxBvX.jpg
Netflix's first original Korean series, the Joseon-era zombie drama Kingdom, recently had a feature-length special episode released. Though the greenlight hasn't yet been given for a third season, another special episode titled Kingdom: Crown Prince is set to start shooting later this year.

Kang Yoon-Seong, director of 2017's The Outlaws, is expected to direct the new special episode, following the original show's lead protagonist. According to South Korea's Chosun Ilbo, the special is expected to be an origin story, in which case we may not be seeing any of the undead.

The show's second season released in 2020, and though it still hasn't been renewed, these special episodes are a good sign. Perhaps Netflix will allow this show to be one of their few to see closure.

oagboghi2

Ashton of the north was kinda unnecessary. It wasn’t a bad film, but I have to admit I was disappointed.

I don’t need to see origin stories for the crown prince. Just finish the story

Top Bottom