• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For all humanity - free to stream season 1 for a limited time

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
All you need is to download the apple tv app and for a limited time the first season is available for free.

I do absolutely recommend it, the show is an alternative story based around the space race. The first season focus on the 60s and 70s.

The second season is set 10 years later so don't worry about cliffhangers or anything.

Last edited:

nush

It's a great show, get on it. Alternate history like Man in the High Castle but more grounded. Season 3 has just started.

wondermega

Just finished watching season 2 of this show, it's quite a ride. Maybe the best thing I've watched all year, honestly.. as a side note I'm constantly geeking out on the fact that a decent portion of it is shot at a studio that I used to work at several years ago (LA Center Studios, they've shot tons of things there)

jason10mm

Gold Member
Oh thank god I thought they changed the shows title which would have been a HUGE slap to the face of those brave men who risked it all to get launched into space and step foot on the moon for all mankind.

If women can be men than I don't see why humanity can't be men as well. Oh, dammit, "humanity" still has "man" in it. "Hupersonity"? No that sounds worse than 'latinx'. "For all personkind"? No, that marginalizes our octopus and furrykin allies. Hang on, lets delay this space race so we can work on all inclusive semantics!! :p

Big fan of Battlestar Galactica but never watched this one because the synopsis reads like a Babylon Bee article:
In an alternate timeline, in 1969 a Soviet cosmonaut, Alexei Leonov, becomes the first human to land on the Moon. This outcome devastates morale at NASA, but also catalyzes an American effort to catch up. With the Soviet Union emphasizing diversity by including a woman in subsequent landings, the United States is forced to match pace, training women and minorities, who were largely excluded from the initial decades of U.S. space exploration.
Go woke, go... to the moon?

Big fan of Battlestar Galactica but never watched this one because the synopsis reads like a Babylon Bee article:

Go woke, go... to the moon?

The female characters have pretty good subplots, except the main one which is a complete fucking trainwreck for some very non-woke reasons.
Joel Kinoman and The Invisible Man are based beyond belief.

I don't know much about this show other than the incredible Sea Dragon launch sequence. Does it explain how their modern firearms are supposed to work in a vacuum? Between vacuum welding, moon powder, the breakdown of lubricant in such environment, and the lack of heat radiation would make an M16 jam, seize up, or explode due to ammo cook-off within 3 shots.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I don't know much about this show other than the incredible Sea Dragon launch sequence. Does it explain how their modern firearms are supposed to work in a vacuum? Between vacuum welding, moon powder, the breakdown of lubricant in such environment, and the lack of heat radiation would make an M16 jam, seize up, or explode due to ammo cook-off within 3 shots.
All they need is one :p

nush

Its an alternate history and they solved all the issues in that timeline, off screen.

Top Bottom