• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those of you who WFH, do you watch movies/TV shows while you work?

If so, what do you watch?

It's not a perfect science. If I put something too interesting on, it ends up being more of a distraction. Too boring, and what's the point? It really is all about finding that perfect Goldilocks spot.

I've been watching The Office: Superfan Episodes for the most part, but have also gotten pretty good at identifying perfect background movies. Here are a few I recently watched:

images

MV5BMTIxNzY1MTQ5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTkxMzE3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

MV5BNWNkNzljZjktY2MwNi00OWExLTliNTMtOTk0NGU2ZDQ3ZTEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUzOTY1NTc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Pretty much any movie that features Gerald Butler works too, although some are borderline unwatchable (Geostorm was shockingly bad).

Let me know what you guys watch while you work. Always looking for new shit to watch.

YCoCg

The Office. đź‘€

Edit: just comfy background sitcoms in general, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's Always Sunny, etc. Shows where I can zone out but get distracted by a good joke now and then.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I put on red dead 2 and have arthur ride all over the map in auto mode. Some of the things the npcs do are hilarious.

But generally i can actively play games while i monitor my work on a second screen.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I usually game while at work...waiting for automation tasks to finish I usually end up just chilling, so I just play some csgo or something, if I need to hop out I just do.

Lasha

I need to focus when I work. At most I listen to music or a baseball game. My work is non-linear so I tend to work when I want to offset being forced to cut out distractions.

I'm glad I don't work from home because I'd be shitposting or something most of the day. I do that at work too but it would be even worse at home.

Cohetedor

Pretty much work is my gaf time, most of my posting is from my desk, quality control can be awfully boring some nights, especially covering for 3rd shift like I am right now.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I leave something running in the background about half the time, sure. When I really need to focus or attend a meeting I don't.

Star-Lord

During lockdown, I used to have Challenge on in the background whilst I worked. Nothing beats re-runs of classics like Play Your Cards Right, Bruce's Price Is Right, Wheel of Fortune, The Chase, Blankety Blank, etc.

Irobot82

I usually have YouTube on. Either watching a podcast, live streamer or watching someone do a Let's Play for a game I know I'll never end up playing.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I HAVE had TV / Movies on in background. Watched all of Talespin in this manner. But it's usually too much effort and splits my attention. I'd rather have music / podcasts on now

Fbh

No, Neogaf is already distracting enough.

But I will usually watch something during my lunch break.

gundalf

Nope but I enjoy listening to chill-hop and the likes. Even a podcast would be too much of distraction to me. Although the last 1-2 hours before I finish my work, I tend to run YouTube in the background.

Top Bottom