• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forever Skies to launch as PS5 ‘console debut exclusive’ | Due out alongside PC version in 2024

Airship-themed first-person survival adventure game Forever Skies will launch for PlayStation 5 as a “console debut exclusive” alongside its PC (Steam) version in 2024, developer Far From Home announced.

The studio signed a partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment, which is providing both development support and funding, allowing the game to launch on both console and PC simultaneously.
Forever Skies was previously also announced for Xbox Series. While not directly mentioned in today’s press release, the “console debut exclusive” and “at launch” terminology suggest the Xbox Series version will likely follow sometime after PlayStation 5 and PC.

The PC version of Forever Skies is currently in Early Access via Steam, where it debuted on June 22, 2023.
“Far From Home has teamed up with PlayStation to focus on making Forever Skies the best it can be for its console debut,” Forever Skies gameplay lead Andrzej Blumenfeld said in a press release. “So, at the end of PC Early Access when we’re ready to release the full game, we’ll be launching it on PlayStation 5 for consoles. Worry not though, this will not affect the ongoing development or release of the Steam version which will come out at the same time.”

A new patch for the Early Access version has also been released, which adds more than 45 quality-of-life improvements. The next major content update—which will add the next story chapter, complex airship gardening systems, new locations, and new equipment—is planned for release in March or April. The final release will support both single-player and four-player cooperative play.

Cyberpunkd

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF

I'm okay with the rise of survival games, but if they're going to be the thing everyone flocks to for the next decade or two, can we at least get more of them with compelling storytelling?

That will hook me into the genre. I hope Ark 2 will still have a good story behind it.

Top Bottom