• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Arkane Studios directors establish Wolfeye Studios; first game to be announced at The Game Awards 2019

Wolfeye-Studios_11-20-19_Top.jpg

Source at Gematsu.

Raphael Colantonio, the former president and creative director of Arkane Studios, and Julien Roby, a former executive producer of the studio, have announced the establishment of new independent game studio Wolfeye Studios. Its first project will be announced at The Game Awards 2019 on December 12.
Wolfeye Studios aims to create games “in which players live their own adventures in rich simulated worlds that respond to actions and decisions in ways that are unique to each playthrough,” according to the press release.
“After taking some time off, and consulting for a variety of video games companies, I’m ready for a new adventure” said Wolfeye president and creative director Raphel Colantonio in the press release. “The AAA market is risk-averse and innovation suffers from it. As a Game Designer, I’ve been wanting to try new ideas and approaches, and I believe independent games are in the best space to do so.”
Wolfeye Studios CEO and executive producer Julien Roby added, “This is an incredible opportunity to work together again with Raf, being able to build the kind of unique and deep games we love to play. The decision to work as a distributed team around the world has meant we’re able to find some of the best talents in the industry to help craft our vision.”

---

I love Arkane's output and so this is definitely relevant to my interests.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Give me a fpv Thief like, with a Dishonored-like engine (the first game, don't go all AAA ambitious and ruin a good thing), just without blinking, only pure traversal skills like climbing and mantling up manually like Styx and a subdued story/setting in large open complex gameplay focused missions.

Ya all need to get Styx btw.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
GREAT NEWS! I absolutely love Arkane and I'm sad we haven't seen anything from them lately. Dishonored 1 & 2, Prey = some of favorite games. I hope they can urn out some more games of the same quality and immersion.

Ballthyrm

Looks like they are going for a Moon Studio approach. A ton of people working on their own around the world collaborating on the same game.
I don't know if that can ship AAA games though, but i'm looking forward to what they can cook up.

Top Bottom